Getting in Shape
Options

Anyone else lost all motivation and putting the weight back on?

So I really want to lose 20lbs by my wedding on Nov 30, it started out great I was working out everyday, counting calories and I lost 9 lbs in a month. Then the sh*t hit the fan, I am going into the last semester school and I have realized the career i'm studying isn't for me, I lost my co-op position because of how much I hated it, if I don't find another one by the end of the week I fail school and have wasted the past year, I am $12,000 in student loan debt with no job to pay it back, I got into a massive argument with my mother over my decision to not pursue the career, and the past 2 weeks I have literally been stuffing anything that is not nailed down into the deep fryer then into my face. My stress level is so high and the depression of all this is just making me not care at all about losing weight, I don't even care about the wedding anymore. Does anyone have any advice as to how to get my motivation back?

Re: Anyone else lost all motivation and putting the weight back on?

• Options
    I'm in the same boat.  My wedding is Nov 15th (my birthday is Nov 30!  lol).  I am a teacher and was recently told that i would not be renewed for next year so now I have to go find a new school.  14 years of teaching and now suddenly (because I moved and went back on an annual contract), I have to look for a job with this "black mark" on my resume because of a personality conflict with my principal.   UGH.  I'm an emotional eater as well and have been eating everything in sight!  

I would agree with the PP and say to get rid of any junk food (I need to follow my own advice).  Pack lunches and snacks and eat only what you bring.  The thing that usually helps me is 1) a partner to go through it all with and 2) working out - even if it's just walking or something- FIRST THING in the morning...it puts me on the right track first thing.  My day tends to go the way my morning goes so if I do something healthy I tend to stay on that track the rest of the day.  If I grab a chocolate donught...well.. there's my track for the day!

Now...I just need to go follow my own advice!
  • Options

Me.

All of this. Just all of it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

• Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I've been struggling with my weight for the past year and half since going back to school  I've put on 10 pounds on top of the 10 I already wanted to lose... I can't get motivated!! I just got engaged yesterday and really want to be excited about dress shopping and wedding planning and engagement photos, I just can't imagine doing it feeling this way.  Do you think that I would do anything about it? No. I binged on chips and salsa, had Coldstone ice cream, and chipotle! 

HELLLLP!! :)
  • Options
    emz101emz101 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

Thanks for all the advice ladies, funny thing is the advice to get rid of the junk doesn't apply to me because I really don't keep junk in the house for that reason, I just take all the healthy food in my house and turn it fatty with the cooking methods or eat way to much of it.

I have decided today is the day I get back on track, last night was the kicker. It is finally summer after the worst winter in history so the summer clothes came out and I was wearing a pair of shorts and by the end of the day my thighs were chafed from rubbing together!!!! So I bravely stepped on the scale this morning and found I am about 12 lbs overweight so I have decided to focus on those 12 lbs first to get back into the 'healthy' range and by then hopefully I am motivated enough to continue to lose mainly for vanity.

I hope you other ladies can get back on track too!! Wish me luck!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards