Wisconsin

Delafield Hotel

I recently got engaged and am hoping to get married in late  2010.  I have been looking at a few venues, has anyone had any experinces with the Delafield Hotel?  Good food is very important to us. Any feedback or suggestions would be great!  Thanks!

Re: Delafield Hotel

• toniinzeotoniinzeo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have not been there, but know many people who have, and they gave rave reviews. Are you looking at something smaller? How many people? Bacchus downtown Milwaukee (which is a Bartolotta's restaurant is very good as far as good goes. Have fun planning!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback.  We are thinking 150-175.  I have heard great things about Bacchus, too.
  • edited December 2011
    I have been to a wedding at the Delafield Hotel as well as Bacchus.  The wedding at Delafield Hotel was very nice and well set up.  The food was pretty good and there was plenty of space.  The wedding at Bacchus, while the food was good and it's a very nice restaurant, it can't really accomadate 175.  For dinner we were in two separate rooms where we couldn't hear the speeches or see the wedding party.  We also didn't see the first dances (or know theyw ere going on) because the band and dance floor were in a different room.  It felt very disconnected and we felt that the room of guests that we were in got left out of a lot of things.  I think bacchus would be great for smaller weddings that don't need that second room for dinner.  Just a thought.  Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards