New York-Upstate

Looking for Barn and/or Rustic Venues-Saratoga Springs/Lake George New York

We have been looking for a barn wedding somewhere between Lake George and Saratoga Springs areas.  If anyone knows of any places, it is much appreciated!  Thanks so much in advance!!

Re: Looking for Barn and/or Rustic Venues-Saratoga Springs/Lake George New York

• Hi!! Congrats on your engagement!! I am also recently engaged :) and looking for the same type of venue... have you had any luck with your search?? There are so many beautiful options (Blue Hill @ Stone Barns or Bedford Post Inn) but price is always a deterring factor :(
    I believe both venues started at $345+!!! Not including taxes and gratuities. I'll keep you posted if I find any places. Good Luck in your search!!

• Hi there!  We have decided on Dunham's Bay in Lake George, NY.  Have you had any luck?!
  • Update!!!! I have been searching for the perfect venue for my sister's wedding. Her demands were country setting, elegant, unique and affordable. I hit the Jackpot couple years ago when I was looking for my own, but at the time didn't know much about this place so we have a traditional banquet hall wedding which I regret. Anyways I found the info and though I would share it here for all Buffalonians and brides across WNY. The place is a private estate near east aurora and home of an elite social club. My boyfriend sister-in-law has a friend who is a member of the club. I got in through her (you must be invited from a member to get in). Don't get your hopes up, from time to time they will allow non-members to get in or just give them a call and ask. As of right now, 'til December you can make reservations at their grand opening prices, which you would not believe. Much of your cost will be cut down in a huge way as they include ceremony/reception in same place, tables and seating is also included, and the setting and much of the decor/ ambiance is amazing. Outside liquor and catering is allowed and the only thing they require is liability insurance, which we tough that that was the catch, but surprisingly enough you can get it in your own for around $100-$175 in many places online, which you want to have anyway to be safe. Describing the place, would not make justice, so Im attaching a screenshot of their web with a link to it.leb-clubHope you can find this helpful, and hopefully availability for your date. We though we were going to have to wait for another year as most places were book up a year in advance. We will be there next August and can't wait. My lil' sister owes me big time for this one. 
    Here is the link again. Look under packages for the prices.
     If you find any other gem that offer anything like this, please share as many brides rely in the knot forums for guidance from real brides. Good luck and happy planning!!!
  • Hey! If you are willing to come down the Northway a bit there's some good options in Troy and Latham including Pat's Barn and the Pruyn House. Maybe want to check those out?

Also, I originally wanted a very rustic wedding but my fiance convinced me to check out Longfellows in Saratoga. I absolutely loved it, thought it was interesting and unique. We would have gone with it if it wasn't during track season.

Good luck!
  • There are a lot of barn venues in the Capital Region/Southern Adirondacks. Most are a bit outside of your area, but not too far from Lake George/Saratoga. The ones that came to mind instantly for me were Burlap and Beams, Liberty Ridge Farm, Barns of Nipmoose, and Indian Ladder Farms. 

My venue isn't rustic by any means, otherwise I would recommend it. Good luck! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards