Wedding 911
Options

Presentation of gifts to parents?

My fiancee and I decided that we want to give our parents custom photobooks of each of us - some with moments of us from our childhood, but primarily (if not entirely) from the wedding. However, we want to give them something to open up still. Any suggestions on how to present this IOU/belated gift present in a classy/unique way that let's them know we did not forget about them? Any and all ideas appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Re: Presentation of gifts to parents?

• Options
    Why would they think you forgot about them?

You could either give them a card with a note written in about the forthcoming photo books or you could just wait until the books are done and give them to them then.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    rsbloomrsbloom member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    We're doing the same thing for our parents, because they want photos to show off.  We're doing  what HisGirlFriday suggested: a thank you card telling them of the forthcoming gift. 
  • Options
    We did this as well and presented the gifts to them @ the rehearsal dinner where we also gave gifts to the bridesmaids & groomsmen.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would be upfront with them...

In our case we gave our parents gifts at the rehearsal dinner and planned on giving the photo books to the Moms for Mother's Day.  I put together our full album and then sat down with each Mom and asked them how they would like theirs customized.

They went through each page and selected what they didn't want (mostly pictures of the "other family") or asked to substitute a few pictures.  They both loved how they turned out and it is customized for each set of parents.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards