Not Engaged Yet

It Feels Like A Monday!

But it's Tuesday!!!!! How was everyone's (long) weekend? Friday I took off from work and packed my car to go see my parents. FI was going to leave when he got out of work but decided to take a personal day as well so we took two seperate cars up to their house since FI had to work yesterday. We didn't hit any traffic on our way there (yay!). When we got to my parent's house they ordered Chinese food and we hung around and talked for a while. Saturday, FI and my dad worked on a place card tray for the wedding and I helped my mom get food ready for parties this weekend. My aunt and uncle came over for a few hours and we FB stalked family that I don't talk to anymore, which was entertaining. My uncle also requested I start drinking a lot of wine since he's starting to make homemade wine and needs bottles. I think that'll be an easy task! They left around 5pm and we had the rest of the evening to watch Netflix. Sunday, FI left and my dad and I drove out to another town to meet up with his best friend and his wife. They were up at RPI for graduation and met up with my dad since they were buying an RV nearby and wanted to crash at my parents before they drove back to New Hampshire. We all stopped at the grocery and package store and my dad bought me a case of my favorite wine! By the time we got home I was feeling under the weather and I couldn't even drink because I started taking DayQuil and NyQuil. I had to drunk babysit my parents and their friends which is always interesting. Monday we all slept in then I started getting ready to head back home. There was so much traffic and I was so sick that when I got home I just plopped my ass right in bed and didn't leave the bed until 4am this morning! WR vent: A month ago I texted my BP what Saturdays they were available to go BM dress shopping. I figured I would do it early since I asked every single one of them what their budget was and they kept telling me "whatever you want". Okay, that doesn't help. I figured if I made the appointment ~6 months out they would be able to save money for the dress if they needed to. It was like pulling teeth to get a number from any of them. Anyway, they all said the weekend of June 7th would work for them, so I go ahead and make the appointment. The other day I send a group text with "hey guys, don't forget dress shopping in two weeks" and I get replies back of my MOH and her H are TTC so they need that weekend to work on that, BM #1's FIL died a year ago that day and she wants to be with her H, and BM #2 is going to a craft beer festival. Now, I could either tell them 1) what color, length and fabric and have them pick whatever 2) wait until September to go dress shopping since my weekends are booked between now and Labor Day or 3) pick a style and tell them to order that without seeing how it looks like on them. Hopefully it'll work out soon because I just want this checked off the list. WR Vent CN: MOH and BMs can't make it dress shopping for their dresses when I asked them a month ago if next weekend worked for them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
image 36 Yes
image 2 No
image 21 Unknown

Re: It Feels Like A Monday!

• But it's Tuesday!!!!! How was everyone's (long) weekend?

Friday I took off from work and packed my car to go see my parents. FI was going to leave when he got out of work but decided to take a personal day as well so we took two seperate cars up to their house since FI had to work yesterday. We didn't hit any traffic on our way there (yay!). When we got to my parent's house they ordered Chinese food and we hung around and talked for a while.

Saturday, FI and my dad worked on a place card tray for the wedding and I helped my mom get food ready for parties this weekend. My aunt and uncle came over for a few hours and we FB stalked family that I don't talk to anymore, which was entertaining. My uncle also requested I start drinking a lot of wine since he's starting to make homemade wine and needs bottles. I think that'll be an easy task! They left around 5pm and we had the rest of the evening to watch Netflix.

Sunday, FI left and my dad and I drove out to another town to meet up with his best friend and his wife. They were up at RPI for graduation and met up with my dad since they were buying an RV nearby and wanted to crash at my parents before they drove back to New Hampshire. We all stopped at the grocery and package store and my dad bought me a case of my favorite wine! By the time we got home I was feeling under the weather and I couldn't even drink because I started taking DayQuil and NyQuil. I had to drunk babysit my parents and their friends which is always interesting.

Monday we all slept in then I started getting ready to head back home. There was so much traffic and I was so sick that when I got home I just plopped my ass right in bed and didn't leave the bed until 4am this morning!

WR vent: A month ago I texted my BP what Saturdays they were available to go BM dress shopping. I figured I would do it early since I asked every single one of them what their budget was and they kept telling me "whatever you want". Okay, that doesn't help. I figured if I made the appointment ~6 months out they would be able to save money for the dress if they needed to. It was like pulling teeth to get a number from any of them. Anyway, they all said the weekend of June 7th would work for them, so I go ahead and make the appointment. The other day I send a group text with "hey guys, don't forget dress shopping in two weeks" and I get replies back of my MOH and her H are TTC so they need that weekend to work on that, BM #1's FIL died a year ago that day and she wants to be with her H, and BM #2 is going to a craft beer festival. Now, I could either tell them 1) what color, length and fabric and have them pick whatever 2) wait until September to go dress shopping since my weekends are booked between now and Labor Day or 3) pick a style and tell them to order that without seeing how it looks like on them. Hopefully it'll work out soon because I just want this checked off the list.

WR Vent CN: MOH and BMs can't make it dress shopping for their dresses when I asked them a month ago if next weekend worked for them.
    Holy crap, I swear I had paragraphs in the OP, I fixed it up above though!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Friday I was off.  I got an oil change for my car and a little grocery shopping done.  Just kind of relaxed at home after that.

Saturday - I had to pick my brother up from the airport and FI & I took them to lunch/dinner.  It seems like we did a lot more than just that because our whole day was pretty full.

Sunday - We ran around looking for stuff because FI's brother was having a cookout and we said we would bring a few things.  FI also went home to tidy the house up and get some laundry done (FI's brother lives with him, so he was a little irritated that stuff wasn't clean when the cookout was his brother's thing).

Monday - We had the cookout.  After that, FMIL was in the hospital because she was having heart attack like symptoms.  She's doing fine and they cannot find any evidence or a heart attack (or anything else wrong with her).  They're doing more tests.  She was herself when we visited, so hopefully it's not anything big.

Anniversary
  • @Buddysmom80 - How many are in your BP?  Are ANY of them able to go?    If it were me, I'd probably go and make a list of styles, fabrics, colors that you like and go from there (even if I were the one trying on the BM dresses).

Anniversary
  • @dignity100 I hope FMIL feels better! That's scary! Is she still in the hospital?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 - She's still in the hospital today.  I think they had either more tests or a procedure they were going to do.  I think she's supposed to get out tonight.

Anniversary
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @buddysmom80 - Your BMs annoy me.

@dignity100 - I hope your FMIL is ok!

Morning! Yay for it being Tuesday already! 

Friday, I had a "half" day at work and then I went home and got caught up on my DVR. I started season 2 of House of Cards (obsessed) and had a few beers. 

Saturday, my BFF and I drove about an hour and a half away near the Delaware Water Gap and went for a 4 hour-6 mile hike! We had a blast even though there were a few times that we thought we might not make it back to the car. Then we went out to dinner and had drinks, then played Heads Up back at my place. 

Sunday, we went to my favorite diner for breakfast. BFF and I drove to her mom's to sit in the sun and play with her mom's new kittens! It made me want a new baby so badly. That night, H and I went out to a nice dinner and then saw X-Men: Days of Future Past. It was SO good! 

Yesterday, I started T25 and then H and I drove up to @hummingbird125's house. Our pups got along great and we had a nice lunch and some drinks. Last night, I continued my theme of the weekend (drink beer) and watched a few shows before bed. 

I had such a great weekend!

• I'm so tired... I had an awful night of sleep it took me forever to fall asleep, then I slept weird and I had to get to work even earlier today to make up for leaving early since I have to go to the doctor to get all of these vaccines for the HM.

FRiday night was nice, FI & I hung out watched a movie, FI has a cold now.  Boo.  Saturday was supposed to be my bachelorette party which got moved to June 7th.  So Saturday FI & I went to church, ran some errands and then went out to dinner, came home and watched more movies.

Sunday we went to a friend's BBQ it was a lot of fun and the weather was perfect for it.  Came home just in time for the Rangers game.  Yesterday we did a lot of WR stuff, we put together our out of town bags, our programs and have almost finalized the seating chart.  We only had 1 person not send in their RSVP by the date due.  We also took a nice walk around the neighborhood and we made homemade pizza. Yum.

The only thing I'm frazzled with WR is my love letter to Chris, this for our homily at the church, our priest will read out loud love letters we've written to each and give to him- sealed the night of the rehearsal.  I just don't know quite what to say.....

Anniversary

• I'm extremely tired this morning ugh!! I need all the coffee!

This weekend was a lot of fun! We went to, I felt like, a million bbqs and graduation parties. H and I didn't get any moving done at all lol. 

Yesterday we did our HERO WOD at CrossFit in honor of Mike Murphy and I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to finish it. I tore up my hands though from the pull ups so I can't move my left hand all the much.
  • ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    edited May 2014
    I had such a good weekend. I'm really sad to be back at work.

Friday night FI and I had our weekly date night.  We decided to save money by taking a walk around a nature preserve which was really nice. Afterwards we went to Red Box to rent a movie but there was nothing we wanted to see, so FI bought us The Little Mermaid (i've been wanting it for like a year) so we watched that! I felt like I was 4 again. I LOVED IT.

On Saturday morning we finally went to the bank and opened a joint checking account. Afterwards we grabbed some Starbucks, came back home and napped, and then did some running around, got some Chinese food dinner, and relaxed the rest of the evening.

On Sunday we went to church, grabbed lunch at Jimmy John's, and then headed up north for FI's grandpa's showing.  His grandfather was cremated so they just had a showing for the family which was nice.  Since it wasn't a funeral, it was a little easier to handle. FI did well which made me happy. It was nice to see his family again. After the showing, the family went out for dinner, then we headed home.

Yesterday was the first day in a long time that we didn't have any obligations. We had the whole day to ourselves.  We slept in then just laid in bed, cuddled and talked for awhile until we were ready to get up. We lounged around for a bit, then went to Lowe's to buy a couple things for our wedding projects.  We went to his parents and attempted to paint our centerpieces which was a major fail.  His dad has a paint sprayer and since we couldn't find any mint paint in a spray can, we had Lowe's mix a small can of paint in a really nice mint color so we were going to use the sprayer to paint the centerpieces...sprayer was clogged and wouldn't spray...so I guess we're painting them with brushes :\  At least we got the picture frames for the table numbers painted.
    Anniversary

• @dignity100 I hope FMIL feels better and gets an answer soon as to what is wrong!

@swazzle can we PLEASE play Heads Up at my house?????

@peaseblossom55 I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering with a cold in this nice weather, I hope FI is better by your wedding (holy crap it's SO SOON!!!!!)

@southernpeach89 you're a bad ass. I could probably do 0 pull ups. I suck at them so bad.

@severmilli12 I'm glad FI took everything well with his grandfather passing, it's still hard though. I also literally LOLed at the spray paint trouble that you had! I would've tried to do the same thing. How many centerpieces do you have to paint?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 we have 16 to paint...so I guess it always could be worse, but I'm really not looking forward to hand painting all of them :\   I was so excited to finally have them painted and then as soon as FI turned on the sprayer there was a puff of paint splatter and then nothing.... so one centerpiece is splattered with mint paint and the others are still white primer. It was pretty comical.
    Anniversary

• @severmilli12 16 is a lot to paint! I would probably do one a night just to make it seem like it wasn't so overwhelming. Sometimes the DIY stuff is a pain!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • This week is all sorts of confusing.  It kind of feels like Monday but it also kind of feels like Wednesday because I have Friday off for graduation. 
    Saturday, I got my hair cut and then DH and I went to a graduation party.  It was a beautiful day and we had lots of fun celebrating.  Sunday and Monday were a combination of cleaning, laundry, trying to spend as much time outside with the pup as possible, and...applying for jobs.  It's such a strange feeling after being in school for so long.  Hopefully somebody is interested!
  • @buddysmom I'm not looking forward to it :(  FI and I are going to paint a couple tonight and see how they turn out. I'm worried about having brushstrokes in them which is why I really wanted to spray them.  I didn't expect them to be such a pain in the ass!
    Anniversary

• @Swazzle - Baby Kittens!!  Who can resist their power of cuteness?!

@Peaseblossom55 - I slept horrible too - it was just too hot in my bedroom.  I'm trying to NOT turn the a/c on until next month.

@Swazzle & @Southerpeach89 - you guys remind me that I need to get in shape.  I think I might have a stress fracture in my foot though, so I need to see what I can do - I prepped the bikes, so I might try to see if cycling is on the 'can do' list as long as I avoid hills.

@severmilli12 - I love The Little Mermaid (and Jimmy Johns)!!  Glad FI did well at his gradfather's showing/remembrance.  Not sure how much you guys have to paint/spray paint, but what about like a model-car airbrush kit??

@Sakalicious - sending positive 'find a job' vibes to you!!

Anniversary
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    @dignity100 - I am the furthest thing from in shape! I'm a total couch potato and while doing T25 yesterday, I had to follow the "easy" girl and it was STILL really hard for me. I am sooooo sore today and it's only getting worse! I might have to figure out how to pee standing up soon.

• labrolabro member

@buddysmom80 Your BMs kind of suck. Maybe you should go and check out a few styles at a couple salons (unless you know you are ordering from DB or AA or something) and send some some emails with pictures to start gathering opinions. I can't believe everyone is booked between now and Labor Day. That is really frustrating! I understand on the getting the budget thing though! It's been like pulling teeth with some of mine too. They keep saying "oh, it's your day, whatever you want" and I'm on the verge of picking a $300 monstrosity to spite them! Jk....sort of...

My weekend was busy busy busy. Saturday and Sunday were both jam-packed with graduation parties and lake house parties. I ate and drank way too much. Monday FI and I had the day to ourselves which was SO nice. We finally got our living room back in order and we started prepping our hallway for paint. FI had to make a bunch of drywall repairs so we're going to sand everything this week and hopefully paint on Saturday. We also started tearing apart the handrail on our porch because carpenter bees chewed it all up and it's no longer stable and FI is going to rebuild it over the next week.

• @Dignity100 thank you!  It's amazing how many biology PhDs are graduating and how few jobs there are to go around!  It's a little hard on the nerves.
  • Morning everyone! Beginning of a three day work week for me!

This weekend was great! Saturday was our housewarming party thrown by my parents. There was about 60 people. The house was packed but it was awesome. I got to see some people I haven't seen in forever so it was nice. 

Sunday we cleaned the rest of the house and went through all the gifts making a list for thank you's. We then ran out to Lowe's and Target to use some gift cards we got. After all was put away and cleaned we relaxed and watched a movie. It was nice to just sit. 

Yesterday our friends thought it was going to be nice and sunny so we went with them and their dog down the Cape to go to a beach. It never really warmed up and was raining at points so not much of a beach day. But we brought the puppy and she had a blast! It was her first time at the beach and they have a puppy the same age, so they were playing in the sand and water and it was nice. Then last night we went and saw X-Men: Days of Future Past and it was pretty good. I think I asked BF too many questions about it though because he told me to stick to the Avenger series because I actually know what is going on with them, LOL. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @lapeanut1018 I'm glad I'm not the only one who had a problem with the whole BM budget stuff! I don't know what their schedules are for the rest of the summer, but I'm pretty busy, so maybe I'll cancel something and reschedule but knowing this group they'll say yes to a certain weekend and then two weeks prior remember that they had something going on. I like your idea though of picking a few and asking them for their opinion, I might try that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @dignity100 thats actually a really good idea.  I didn't even think about that. Definitely something I will look into today! thanks!
    Anniversary

• @Lapeanut1018- I hope you're not talking about me because I haven't even discussed a budget with you yet lol. I'm going to create my own SPECIAL MOH dress and it will be rainbow with bedazzle gems all over it! 
  • @Swazzle - I need to lose like 60-75lbs; not expecting to do it by the wedding, but I need the number to go down instead of up - like it has been.  A few years ago, I hit an huge fitness goal; rode a century, I completed it in around 8 hours - talk about needing to pee standing up (for multiple reasons, bike seats are not your friend)!!  Right now riding more than 15 miles on my bike seems like a HUGE task.  I signed up for the MS Ride Pedal to the Point (75 miles we ride to Cedar Point); but I'm thinking about switching to the 30 mile option.  It's in August so I have time.

Anniversary
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    @Dignity100 - You can do it! The hardest part is getting started :)

• labrolabro member
    @southernpeach89 You also have to wear a MOH crown. I'll bring my bedazzle gun and help you!

• @dignity100 I think the weather was part of the reason it took me so long to fall asleep. I'm waitting to turn on the AC too until this weekend...

Anniversary

• BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    @Dignity100 I hope your FMIL is okay!! 

@Severmilli I looove lazy days cuddling.  We have a 6 year old  who is just now starting to enjoy being by herself so we get more time to sleep in and cuddle on Sundays.

@Swazzle I hear you on the being out of shape business, I've been saying on the accountability thread every time that my E is Jillian MIchaels.. well it was always my intention but I never followed through... I finally did it yesterday and I made it just over half way through and I'm sore as EFF today.

My weekend was fantastic, Friday night my daughter and I watched honey we shrunk ourselves and ate coldstone icecream in bed because my bf was out of town visiting his dad.  Saturday we spent the day in the sun at my bf's mom's house drinking vodka slushies and eating BBQ chicken and grilled red potatoes.

Sunday my bf came home from out of town and we went to lunch and got our daughter a sprinkler to play in... got more coldstone ice cream and watched movies.  Yesterday my daughter was complaining of a sore throat and ear, so we lounged around all day watching cartoons.
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    You guys this weekend was boo :(

I woke up feeling like crap Friday, with a sore throat, congestion, a headache, and fatigue. I slept the whole weekend to avoid getting sicker, which seems to have helped.

I'm really bummed because this was supposed to be a wedding-happy weekend, and it ended up being entirely wedding-free (minus getting my cousin's wedding invitation in the mail*). Our engagement session scheduled for Sunday had to be rescheduled because my photographer's wife was going to be having twins any minute.

And then Sunday morning, we got up super early and drove to our venue for our Big Important Venue Meeting ... and ended up driving home after waiting 40 minutes. We had left early, just in case there was any traffic from Memorial Day weekend, and ended up getting to the venue at 8:40 for a 9am meeting. So we hung out in the car, and then attempted to go inside shortly before 9. Place was locked, so at 9, we called our coordinator. However, I ended up getting caught in the automated system loop; it kept telling me I was dialing the wrong extension. Finally, J gave it a try and somehow managed to get to the right extension, but we hit our coordinator's voicemail instead.

At around 9:15, we got a call from our coordinator. She was with AAA because her car wouldn't start, and had been trying to reach us for a while but had the wrong number. So we drove back to Boston and we're working on rescheduling the meeting.

J is much angrier than I am about the meeting getting cancelled. He's a little less convinced she really had car trouble, and he doesn't understand how she could have had trouble getting through to us if she eventually was successful. I just ... I guess I don't really care so much, and I'm just disappointed that we have to reschedule.

* Well, J was upset when we got the invitation. He's feeling very poor because the groom's parents are hosting a rehearsal dinner at a very expensive restaurant, AND obviously more than just the wedding party is invited (since we're invited). He kept complaining that the rehearsal dinner invitation was "copying" our save-the-dates, and that my cousin kept copying us. I reminded him that she's been engaged for like ... 8 months longer, that navy is also her main wedding color, and that the rehearsal dinner invitation was only similar to our save the dates because it was navy blue with white text.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @Blackbird230 he's beautiful, I hope things go well with him!

@Swazzle kittens!! I want another kitten! Which FI would hate!

@BreMR LOL that is exactly me with Jillian Michaels! I started the 30 day shred last week and have done it exactly once. I got through it but was dying at the end and actually said out loud "You seriously expect me to do this every effing day?!" Maybe I'll get back at it tonight.

SOME of us didn't have a holiday yesterday, so today feels like a regular Tuesday snoozeday. To be fair I had a holiday last Monday, but still.

My (normal length) weekend was pretty fantastic. On Friday we went to the Keg for dinner and saw Xmen. I thought it was awesome; by far my favorite Xmen movie, I would go see it again.

Saturday FI went golfing with his dad and brother, and his mom very sneakily suggested we go and get our nails done. Then I went to the gym and FI and I decided to go to the new outlet mall. I took so long showering and drying my hair and everything that I completely ruined his plan to propose and he had to do it later...whoops! So we went to the outlet mall and then I was surprised with all that engagement goodness later in the day. Saturday night we ordered pizza and just watched a movie, which we had originally planned. His sister thought we were crazy for not going out, but we really just wanted to have a bit of time to ourselves.

Sunday was church, and then we went to DELICIOUS lunch with his family at their golf club. His brother took a few pictures for us, and then we went home and took a nap and went back to church. I was exhausted Sunday night and crashed pretty early!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards