Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

sisters of the groom reading?

My fiancee has three sisters and I am an only child. It would mean a lot to us if they did a reading at our wedding that is meaningful to including me into their family. Does anyone know of any scripture, poem, or literature that would fit nicely??

Re: sisters of the groom reading?

• Kiera0913 said:

My fiancee has three sisters and I am an only child. It would mean a lot to us if they did a reading at our wedding that is meaningful to including me into their family. Does anyone know of any scripture, poem, or literature that would fit nicely??

Do they want to do this? It's going to sound insincere unless they want to do it.

If they do, ask them for ideas.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Do they want to do this? It's going to sound insincere unless they want to do it. If they do, ask them for ideas.

Obviously.... 
    I'm asking on here because we are all clueless.
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Do they want to do this? It's going to sound insincere unless they want to do it. If they do, ask them for ideas.
    This.  First make sure they want to do it, and then make sure that they are okay with the specific readings.  Asking someone to read something they don't agree with puts them in the position of feeling like a hypocrite.
  • Kiera0913 said:

Do they want to do this? It's going to sound insincere unless they want to do it.

If they do, ask them for ideas.

Obviously.... 

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=readings+for+weddings+welcoming+new+siblings
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Kiera0913 said:
    Do they want to do this? It's going to sound insincere unless they want to do it. If they do, ask them for ideas.

Obviously.... 
     How is it obvious that they want to do it? If you had said, "My fiance's sisters would like to do a reading...." THEN it would be obvious. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • My husbands sister did a reading at ours. She did the one "love is patient, love is kind..." Etc etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards