Wisconsin

New Venue in Menomonee Falls Area

Hi Ladies!

Long story short, my fiance and I had found our perfect wedding venue for our reception in Menomonee Falls. Pricing was great, location was awesome, ammeneties, service, staff, ect was wonderful. We booked in February and now there has been a lot of press in recent weeks about the city foreclosing on the hotel due to money troubles with a loan, ect. Rather then cross our fingers and hope that the hotel remains operating for our wedding in June (perhaps under new ownership) we think it may be best to cut our losses and find a new venue while we still have a decent amount of time. At this point we would only lose our deposit, which is much better then finding out the venue's doors are closed a week before our wedding!

Our wedding date is June 8, 2013 so we understand that we are looking at a pretty popular date. Any suggestions on where to start? We found and booked this venue so early on that I didn't really look at any other venues. I looked at several of the vendors on TK, but I'm just not finding ones I like, though maybe you'll have some better reviews?

We are having about 175-225 guests and love a very modern and fun enviroment. We had intially booked at a hotel because we both agreed on a hotel wedding, but at this point we'd be open to looking at some venues that aren't at hotels but we could shuttle and reserve rooms at a nearby hotel. Also  we are looking for something resonably priced, perhaps around $30pp or less for dinner.

Thanks in advance ladies! :)

Re: New Venue in Menomonee Falls Area

• Hi - I may personally not be of much help as I was on a much tighter budget and looking for less people, so the places I checked out were smaller, but I would recommend stopping in your local Kohl's department store and going to the customer service area (where the wedding registry computers are set up) and grabbing a "Premiere Bride" free guide.  They list SO many vendors & venues in the areas and have spec comparison for price & amenities.  They have a website too -  http://www.premierbridewisconsin.com/ but I really like flipping through the guide myself.  I think some bridal salons have these as well like Eva's.

My sis had her wedding at the Polish Center in Franklin and it was beautiful and reasonably priced (about $22/person in 2009).  I've been to several weddings at Country Springs out on 94 towards Pewaukee - nice, but a bit "over-used" in my opinion.  Off the top of my head, other nice venues I've seen are Silver Spring Country Club, The Red Circle Inn, The Pines at Bristlecone, Elm Grove Women's Club, Wauwatosa Women's Club, & Crystal Ridge Ski Lodge.
  • I'm from the Menomonee Falls area so I know what hotel you are talking about. I think that you are smart for deciding to cut your loses. Are you looking to stay in Menomonee Falls? If so then how about
    Hilton Garden Inn (by Woodmans)
    Davians
    Silver Spring Country Club
    The Mequon Country Club may be close.

Let me know if you're looking for areas outside of the Falls and I can give you other lists.
  • Thanks ladies, I was up until the wee hours of the morning googling and searching and will add those suggestions to my list to checkout as well!

The area is very convenient as most of our family is around that area on both sides, but we are not opposed to going north or south (closer to milwaukee or up the the fdl/oshkosh area). although from the venues i called today, i can tell its going to be very hard to find a june 8 booking :( might have to adjust our date.

Ashlie-EVERYONE i have talked to about this and asked for suggestions has said the same thing. Obviously i was reassured by the venue that they wouldn't be closing and the city will continue to operate, ect, but I'm a planner and a worrier so its best we go this route!

If you have any other suggestions I would like to hear them :) Even less expensive ones would be appreciated!

Thanks again!
  • rungirl-i found a premier bride book from when i went to some bridal shows this winter! for whatever reason i didn't think to look there, thank you!!! :)
  • The premier booklet is a really good place to look.
    I loved Olympia Resort, Golden Mast, Seven Seas, The Landing in Wales, Country Springs, the Hilton, we are going with the Harbor Lights Room and I LOVE the people at Zillis.

Even if the place is open, I'd be worried about the service that they will provide or if costs will change.
  • Yes, thats exactly what my fiance and I were thinking. Better to be safe then sorry. I do hope that for the sake of all of the staff (since they were all so awesome every time we went there for anything) that things to turn around :)

I've been to weddings at several of those places and have looked into a few already! We are also checking into the Schauer center in Hartford as well! I guess repicking can be a good thing since we can find a space with a larger and more open ballroom for our guests... someting we decided we weren't very happy with at the Radisson in hindsight :)

Thank you again ladies for all of your suggestions!
  • Take a look at Quilted Bear, it's in Germantown, only a few miles from the falls. That's where we're having ours and it's an awesome venue and Melissa and Bailey are fantastic to work with. :)

I would steer clear of Silver Spring Country Club -- I used to work there... I won't go into the details about that place though... lol
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards