Wedding Party

Advice needed urgently for dress and wedding cake toppings

Hi,

I am going to tie the knot on april 23rd and needed help on my dress and cake toppings. I have searched through many site s and stores near my area but i cannot make up my find. Please can anyone guide me for this. I am looking for something exotic and happening dress. I found this image in internet for a wedding dress please give me some thoughts about it.

Also about the wedding cake topic really trying to find something that has never been made so i may try custom bobbleheads so that my wedding can be special and not the same as others.

Re: Advice needed urgently for dress and wedding cake toppings

• So....There's nothing really exotic or happening about that dress. It's very pretty, but it's a very traditional looking bridal gown. Are you from a different culture that doesn't wear white gowns?

Anniversary
  • delujm0delujm0 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    If you want something completely different and exotic, you can consider having a gown custom made. You can look online for designers in your city that do things like this. It will likely not be cheap though. I'm sure bobbleheads have been done by SOMEONE before...let go of the "i need to be unique!" mentality. Everything you do has likely been done by someone else somewhere at some point. Just do what you would really like to do instead of focusing on doing something "different." I don't understand why this is urgent when your wedding isn't for another 11 months.
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

There is nothing different or exotic about that dress. Its pretty typical to me. If you want something more "unique" try something with color.

Also, to me, bobble heads are about as unique as having a photo booth.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My fiance and I are big fans of rival baseball teams... it's even what got us talking in the first place!  We considered doing custom bobbleheads for our cake topper, with each of us wearing our corresponding team's hats.  But it was like $200+.... so many other things I'd rather spend my money on!  Point is, there are whole lines of custom wedding bobbleheads, so they clearly aren't in the "haven't been done before" category.
  • I agree with PPs. I don't see anything exotic about that dress. Same thing with the bobble heads. I've seen them before on wedding cakes.
  • lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    edited May 2014
    "Exotic and happening?"  The only way you can get a dress that is unique (It means one of a kind.) is to get a dress custom designed and custom made.  I think you should settle for a dress that you like, and is appropriate to your venue and time of day.
    You might look at Demetrios dresses.  Many of them have a similar silhouette.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • That is a beautiful dress, but it is not exotic or happening. And I didn't know people still got bobble heads for anything b/c they are so old. Bobble heads are not a new concept for anything at all, including wedding cakes. Besides, the wedding cake topper does not make a wedding special, and it does not make it unique. Sure, you might come up with something your guests have never seen before, and the may always remember your cool cake topper, but it will never make or break your wedding. 

Is your wedding having a theme? Is there something you are particularly into? I suggest starting there for ideas if you want an unusual cake topper (I say unusual b/c the word unique almost never actually applies to weddings, no matter how many brides think they have come up with a new concept.)  One Knottie had a Lego bride and groom set as her cake topper, and I thought that was different and awesome. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • VENDOR who wants you to click the bobble-head link. I'm sure of it.
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    That's a beautiful dress, but it seems very traditional, as opposed to "exotic" or "happening."  I'm not sure what you have in mind by these words.
  • VENDOR who wants you to click the bobble-head link. I'm sure of it.

This is what I was thinking as well.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    edited June 2014
    When you see someone asking about dresses that are "sexy", "happening" (Who says that anymore?), "exotic" and using poor English, they are usually a vendor.  Good catch, RissAnn!

Those bobbleheads are creepy!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards