Wedding Woes

Buffyisms, while I procrastinate. And pottytraining is hell

I may have already told this one, but Buffy told nanna the other day that she was perplexed.  Nana said "perplexed?" to which she got the slightly sighing response of "YES nana, it means confused."

On the way to work yesterday, she told me "MOMMA, there's something little in the car, and it's not me--it's not even HUMAN."  It was a Mayfly.  I found this hilarious.

She asked me also why superheroes wear their underwear outside their pants.  I'm not sure if the Mr. said something or that was her own observation, but she doesn't think superman or Mr. Incredible should do that.

And, since we're mid potty training, Buffy was being taken to a play place as a reward.  There is, at this point, a very high likelihood that transporting Buffy in underwear is likely to lead to an accident in the car seat.  But, her 'reward' to using the potty is big-girl underwear insteadof pull ups.  Grandma tried to get Buffy to wear a pull-up over her underwear so they wouldn't be out w/ her and a wet car seat.  Buffy explained VERY clearly that that is to many pants.  She can only have 2 pants.  ANd pull us are one pant.  Underwear are 2 pants. Pants are the 3rd pants.  (on the plus side of potty training hell, she didn't have an accident at that point)

And we spent all damn weekend w/ a child in real underwear to manage to get ONE time using the potty.  But Miss Buffy has figured out that saying you have to potty at bedtime is a great stall tactic.  *urgle*  She was singing on the potty at 10 pm last night.  

Oh, and she has taken to making up songs about what is happening...her daddy was pushing her on the swing and she was singing about she loves her daddy, who pushes her on the swing.  and gives her candy.  and pulls her in the wagon.  and pushes her on the swing.  and gives her candy.  And she told him that she was singing so he'd feel special.  then she asked for candy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards