Not Engaged Yet
Options

*face palm*

BF just g-chatted me and asked me to re-send my ring finger information. Allegedly his phone deleted his notes or something... Anyway, he asked me to eyeball the diameter of my finger on a ruler, so I did. I told him my finger 1.5 inches, and he (of course) responds, "No, your finger is not 1.5 inches." I actually argued with him and was like, "Well, I'm looking at the ruler right now, and yes it is!" I was thisclose to sending him a pic of my finger on the ruler... but then I noticed the "CM" written next to the marks on the ruler... hahahaha. Now he's calling me "man hands." Oi vey.

Anyone else had a goofy moment like that today? 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: *face palm*

• Options
    LOL! I kinda feel like my whole life is goofy moments, so I can't think of one!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Kelani23 said:
    LOL! I kinda feel like my whole life is goofy moments, so I can't think of one!
    You and me both! I always have to remind him that I'm naturally a blonde. lol

• Options
    Haha...I've definitely done things like that before!

Most of my blonde moments happen in the kitchen. This weekend BF and I were camping and I was putting tin foil on a pan we were using so I wouldn't have to wash the pan - well I didn't consider that the pan was hot and burned my fingers pretty badly. Then less than a minute later I wasn't paying attention and brushed my hand against the hot coffee pot which hurt like hell!

I pretty much live life with at least 2 or 3 burns somewhere on my body at one time.

• Options
    @bethsmiles Holy moly that sounds painful! 

• Options
    Every so often, I'll pull a spectacularly blonde moment.  DH will point it out, we'll both laugh, then he'll pat my head and say, "Oh honey, not too bright, huh?"  And then we'll laugh some more.
  • Options
    @weewittlewizabeth, you could also go into a jewelry store, look at rings, and have them size your finger. FI and I did that, and it turns out it was a good idea - I was adamant that I was a 6.0 when I really am a 5.5.
  • Options
    Also, I facepalm almost everything that that chick is saying in the WAHHHH My Sister is Getting Married Before Me thread.
  • Options
    @TwoDimes thanks for the tip! He's been pretty vague on precisely when he'll buy the ring. All I know is sometime within the next 6 months or so. I'll definitely make sure we get a more accurate measurement though. I have a size 4 ring that I wear on my right hand, and it's too big on my ring finger. Pretty sure he'll have to have something custom made lol.

• Options
    Every so often, I'll pull a spectacularly blonde moment.  DH will point it out, we'll both laugh, then he'll pat my head and say, "Oh honey, not too bright, huh?"  And then we'll laugh some more.
    LOL! That sounds like me and my BF. We always tell each other, "Awww, you're so pretty!"

• Options
    @weewittlewizabeth, you could also go into a jewelry store, look at rings, and have them size your finger. FI and I did that, and it turns out it was a good idea - I was adamant that I was a 6.0 when I really am a 5.5.

Yup, I "knew" that I was a 5.75, so the mall jeweler measured me a 5.5 and I was skeptical - the jeweler I think we're going to use talked me into a 4.75!

He says it's a lot easier to go up than to go down, especially with the setting I chose.

• Options
    Good idea! We may go that route instead of blue nile. Not sure what he'd prefer, but I'll bring it up. :) 

• Options
    Kelani23 said:

Yup, I "knew" that I was a 5.75, so the mall jeweler measured me a 5.5 and I was skeptical - the jeweler I think we're going to use talked me into a 4.75!

He says it's a lot easier to go up than to go down, especially with the setting I chose.

Yeah, I had a feeling going up was easier than going down. I'm a tiny little person (I'm 4'10") and basically have toddler-sized hands lol.

• Options
    There is only a certain amount of sizing you can go up, however, so it's always good to at least be in the ballpark :)  After all, after you stretch the metal so much it isn't going to be thick enough to support the ring.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options

Oh is that how they do it?? I assumed they added metal!

That's also why I first argued with him, I figured he would charge for the extra metal!

• Options
    There is only a certain amount of sizing you can go up, however, so it's always good to at least be in the ballpark :)  After all, after you stretch the metal so much it isn't going to be thick enough to support the ring.
    Ahhh good to know. I clearly need to do some research on jewelry!

• Options
    That's what BF and I did too! Well we just went to a Khols but they have a ring sizer. The one time we went to a jewelry store the sales lady was super pushy and BF has never wanted to go back. I'm 100% sure he's buying my ring online.

• Options
    That's what BF and I did too! Well we just went to a Khols but they have a ring sizer. The one time we went to a jewelry store the sales lady was super pushy and BF has never wanted to go back. I'm 100% sure he's buying my ring online.
    @bethsmiles we had a similar experience a couple of months ago. We've been talking about getting a moissanite, but we both wanted to see one physically before BF bought a ring. We went to one of the stores in the mall (I'd seen moissanite earrings and necklaces on their website) and asked to see pieces of jewelry with moissanite. The sales lady was sooooooo snobby. She turned up her nose and said they didn't carry moissanite and that diamonds were a much better investment (which is a completely inaccurate statement!). Then she really pissed off BF by showing us the clearance/pre-owned section and talking about their payment programs. We thanked her and left immediately... so I think BF will either buy online or find a local jeweler with a better attitude. What website are you guys looking at for your ring?

• Options

I have stupid moments pretty regularly FI has not problem pointing them out at all, and we both wind up laughing as I stil try to defend my stupidity.....

@weewittlewizabeth FI got my ring from blue nile and I love it.  My ring is a bit big on me from October- May and then fits fine the rest of the year so I'm hesitant to get it resized right now....

Anniversary

• Options
    @weewittlewizabeth - We've been looking on Etsy. I don't want a diamond and they have SO many unique and affordable options! Plus then we don't have to deal with people's judge-ness for not using a diamond.

I suppose it's a bit of a risk to buy of Etsy but we figure if the person has a lot of good reviews, doesn't seem like they are from China, and has a really good return policy it will be fine.

• Options
    The sales lady at the store we went to was pushy, too, but they did send a coupon for a pair of free pearl earrings. It evened out for me.
  • Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    When my friends & I have moments (which I do, often), we pat each other on the head & say "You're pretty." 

SITB
    We say that to my one friend all of the time!! She's incredibly smart, but weird random things confuse her.. so we say "You're pretty."   :)
  • Options
    @bethsmiles I think Etsy is a great place to find rings! I honestly haven't heard any horror stories from people who have bought rings from Etsy. As long as you do some research and read the reviews, you should be good. Plus you can pay with paypal (I think...), which has excellent protection for buyers.

@KeptInStitches free pearls? I'd be pretty happy too. 

• Options
    @bethsmiles - I know you love morganite too, so I'm going to recommend that you guys look at Sam and Sue jewlery. That was where I found the design of my ring, and if FI didn't have a jeweler he was so close to, he probably would have just ordered it right from them. They're based in Hawaii & have some of the most GORGEOUS designs!!

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    Thanks @GoldenPenguin ! I'll pass it along to BF :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards