Florida-Central Florida

Hotel Accomodations

kellycgaiserkellycgaiser member
First Comment
edited May 2014 in Florida-Central Florida
Hello!

I am getting married 4/19/15, we are planning everything ourselves and am curious how hotel accommodations work. We have some out of town guests and I'm wondering if I need to block off rooms for them at a local hotel? Do you know how much that costs? My fiance and I are paying for the wedding ourselves and have a strict $5,000 budget. Is it okay to put hotel information in our invitations or on our wedding website but not actually reserve any for guests? We are only inviting 75 people and of that half would be coming from out of town.

I am also wondering if anyone can recommend a hotel for me and my new husband to stay at our wedding night? I was looking at the Alfond Inn, but it's a bit expensive. We live in Winter Park and the day before I want to book a hotel room for myself and bridesmaids to stay the night in and that way, the day of we can all get ready together then the boys can just get ready at our house. So ideally, I would like all that to take place at the same hotel just for the sake of convenience.

I appreciate any info/advice you may have! :)

@TKConcierge

Re: Hotel Accomodations

• This tells you all about hotel room blocks, which should not cost you anything: http://offbeatbride.com/2013/09/how-to-book-a-block-of-hotel-rooms

". Is it okay to put hotel information in our invitations or on our wedding website but not actually reserve any for guests"
    This is what you do along with an insert in your invitation.

Where is your wedding taking place at and then I can suggest a hotel.

imageimage

• Sounds great! We have a lot of out of town guests, but I wasn't sure the etiquette behind actually reserving them. I will look into blocking them off, thanks!

We are getting married at the Winter Park Farmers Market :) Right now, I am looking at Comfort Suites Downtown, Park Plaza Hotel, and Double Tree by Hilton Orlando Downtown.

We are also looking at the Park plaza Hotel and the Alfond for our honeymoon suite, would you reccomend either or anything else?

Thanks so much!! :)

• Alfond is a beautiful hotel, I really like what they've don with it!

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards