Chit Chat
Options

The weekend!

This week, even though it was short, felt like it would never end! But tonight my DH and I get to go to the pretty downtown area, have an awesome dinner, and see a play! Yay! What is everyone else up to this weekend?

Re: The weekend!

• Options
    Yeah weekend!

We're about to go to a 3yo's birthday party... I've never met the kid or her parents. FI used to work with the dad, and they're invited to the wedding (don't ask), so I guess this is kind of an "I guess we should hang out with you more now" invitation. Whatever, cake. And a Doc McStuffins birthday present, obviously. Spaghetti dinner AA fundraiser tonight... were supposed to have engagement pics done tomorrow but had to reschedule. Dinner with FILs instead. No cooking for Lolo this weekend!

• Options
    I'm writing my last college essay. yay! And finishing up some TA stuff! Graduation is in two weeks! Ah! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I work today, but I get out soon- yay! 

FI works tonight, so I am going to finish up house decontamination- we both got really bad cases of poison ivy, and we figured we needed to do a deep clean anyway.

Tomorrow we are going to our favorite farmer's market- it's a little bit of a haul, but it's also right near a brewery that we both love.  We will probably do a bike ride too, and I haven't had a chance to do much biking yet this year, so I'm PUMPED.

I might also swing by Marshall's to see if I can get a few more work shirts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    We sold our washer and dryer this morning. Awkward moment when we moved it and found a pair of lacy panties and a used sharp underneath. I gave my horse shots and I must've stuffed the sharps into my pockets, again. 

FI is currently on a phone interview with a private high school. It would be interesting to see what they offer compared to public. Selling the TV later.

My best friend's brother is getting married in the cities today and I would've loved to have gone. But I got invited kind of last minute and I just can't do another 8 hour drive when I've done it like 5 times this month. But I really would love to see my friend and her family, who normally are on the other side of the country :(
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Yeah weekend!

We're about to go to a 3yo's birthday party... I've never met the kid or her parents. FI used to work with the dad, and they're invited to the wedding (don't ask), so I guess this is kind of an "I guess we should hang out with you more now" invitation. Whatever, cake. And a Doc McStuffins birthday present, obviously. Spaghetti dinner AA fundraiser tonight... were supposed to have engagement pics done tomorrow but had to reschedule. Dinner with FILs instead. No cooking for Lolo this weekend!
    At least there will be cake. At least at 3 the kid is starting to understand what a bday is and be happy and excited. Most of the time that is cute. :) Hope you can get your e-pics done soon! :) Yay to no cooking!

Eta: Will Smith GIF for the win btw. LOVE him!
  • Options

I'm writing my last college essay. yay! And finishing up some TA stuff! Graduation is in two weeks! Ah! :)

Awesome! Congrats! Such an awesome feeling when that last essay comes off the printer! What is your degree in?
  • Options

I work today, but I get out soon- yay! 

FI works tonight, so I am going to finish up house decontamination- we both got really bad cases of poison ivy, and we figured we needed to do a deep clean anyway.

Tomorrow we are going to our favorite farmer's market- it's a little bit of a haul, but it's also right near a brewery that we both love.  We will probably do a bike ride too, and I haven't had a chance to do much biking yet this year, so I'm PUMPED.

I might also swing by Marshall's to see if I can get a few more work shirts.
    Hope your day goes fast! Poison Ivy is awful! Hope the cleaning goes fast too! I love farmer's markets. Yay for bike rides!
  • Options
    FiancB said:

We sold our washer and dryer this morning. Awkward moment when we overtOand found a pair of lacy panties and a used sharp underneath. I gave my horse shots and I must've stuffed the sharps into my pockets, again. 

FI is currently on a phone interview with a private high school. It would be interesting to see what they offer compared to public.

Selling the TV later.

My best friend's brother is getting married in the cities today and I would've loved to have gone. But I got invited kind of last minute and I just can't do another 8 hour drive when I've done it like 5 times this month. But I really would love to see my friend and her family, who normally are on the other side of the country :(
    We just bought a washer and dryer actually. That is a funny story! That sucks that they invited you so late. Good luck to your DH on the interview. I am looking for a new job in education too!
  • Options
    I'm hiding in my room while FI and his brother pull up the carpet downstairs. They are putting in hard word floors. So I'm keeping the animals out of the way.
  • Options
    KPBM89KPBM89 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    This weekend it's just me and the doggies.  FI is having his bachelor shenanigans in his home state.  

I used this time alone to paint and reorganize one of our bathrooms (the power went out from t-storms while doing this and that bathroom has no windows-I almost spilled the paint bucket on the floor), clean out the coat closet, scrub the entire kitchen, wash three loads of laundry and one load of dog beds/ blankets, and clear out the clutter in our living/dining rooms.  I also finished up a design for paperpusher for etching! 

Next up is folding all the damn laundry, which I loathe.

• Options
    SenecafSenecaf member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary First Answer
    Saturday is a gym day so we did that followed by a kid party and we went to the pool (yay warm weather! ) I have kids so this was a them day. Tomorrow one of my bridesmaids and FMIL are going shopping with me for stuff. And FI gets a Sunday fun day with his friends. I'm not sure what he thinks is going to happen with the kids though. My shopping has been planned much longer than his bro day. And they sure cannot come with me.
  • Options
    I bought this on Zulily this morning. I might wear it for brunch the day after the wedding. Then FI and I met with a friend of ours for brunch who is officiating our wedding and discussed how we are envisioning the ceremony. The rest of the day I have been e-mailing back and forth with a vendor about centerpieces.
  • Options
    Fi's gone all weekend on a birthday trip for a friend, so it's just me and the cats.

Last night, my friend had a going-away party before her move to Chicago today. :( My sister was also in the city so she came back to my place and slept over.  This morning we got pedicures, then I went to work.  Tonight I have some bar prep homework to do, and I really need to clean the apartment.

Tomorrow: more bar prep in the morning, then more work, then probably more bar prep.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    KPBM89KPBM89 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    I just went out and checked our mailbox and 8 wonderfully cute little coral envelopes were in there :)  Our first RSVPs are here!  All were a yes and three of them had cute little notes on them.  So now I'm all excited!

• Options
    I just finished working my part-time summer gig.  DH is still at work.  It's just me and the dogs right now.  About to cook up a tuna steak for dinner.

I really need to finish up the photos for the CP.  The party is a week today and I should mail them to my sister's on Monday.   I only have 10 more to do, i might just wait till tomorrow and make DP help me.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    @hikebikebemerry if you haven't heard of it and bought it already, you guys should get some ZanFel. It's kind of pricey but it has been a GODSEND for me and all my poison ivy adventures.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options

Yeah weekend!

At least there will be cake. At least at 3 the kid is starting to understand what a bday is and be happy and excited. Most of the time that is cute. :) Hope you can get your e-pics done soon! :) Yay to no cooking!

Eta: Will Smith GIF for the win btw. LOVE him!
    Costco cake, whoop whoop!

• Options
    Had lunch with 2 other Knotties, and it was awesome! Tomorrow, I plan to veg and watch Hannibal all day.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    beethery said:
    @hikebikebemerry if you haven't heard of it and bought it already, you guys should get some ZanFel. It's kind of pricey but it has been a GODSEND for me and all my poison ivy adventures.
    We have Zanfel!! It's AMAZING!! I get poison ivy just about every year- I am so happy that FI found this stuff!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I did a bit of yard work this morning, vegged and then tonight FI and I had Thai for dinner and went to the Science Museum. 

When we got there, people were arriving for a wedding reception - it was around 6:30.  When we left at 9, the DJ was announcing the ARRIVAL of the bride and groom. WTF. 

Wedding Black & White, Sepia
  • Options
    Went to the gym this morning and did a hard workout. Rar!

my FSS is playing in a basketball tournament this weekend, so we went to two basketball games this afternoon. They won both games! Two more tomorrow.

And THREE weeks from today, my FI and I finally say we do! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Oh, and thunder up!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    One of my besties came over and we had a fab ladies who lunch kind of day. Except not really.

I made stir fry for lunch, we had split 2 bottles of Moet (alternated mixing with pallini peachcello and st. germain), and then I made cherry ice cream. She vented about her housebuying process woes, we talked wedding stuff, and watched Nene's wedding.

I am now in the laundry-folding void. Golden Girls is about to come on.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    beethery said:

One of my besties came over and we had a fab ladies who lunch kind of day. Except not really.

I made stir fry for lunch, we had split 2 bottles of Moet (alternated mixing with pallini peachcello and st. germain), and then I made cherry ice cream. She vented about her housebuying process woes, we talked wedding stuff, and watched Nene's wedding.

I am now in the laundry-folding void. Golden Girls is about to come on.
    Nice. Ours is "bitches who brunch." :-D

• Options
    A riveting weekend update: I just started watching Doctor Who for the first time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Today was the day of what felt like neverending wedding errands. We got our mead, booked and paid for our transportation, booked and put a deposit on the rehearsal dinner, and I started writing out the invitations for the rehearsal and dinner. It wasn't a lot of stuff, but we had to drive nearly 4 hours to get everything squared away. After all the miles I put on my car last weekend, I'm sure she was not pleased I didn't let her rest today.

Tomorrow is ALL THE FOOD SHOPPING. Farmers market, Asian grocery store, and regular grocery store. Maybe, if I have time, I might actually sit down and rest!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Today was the day of what felt like neverending wedding errands. We got our mead, booked and paid for our transportation, booked and put a deposit on the rehearsal dinner, and I started writing out the invitations for the rehearsal and dinner. It wasn't a lot of stuff, but we had to drive nearly 4 hours to get everything squared away. After all the miles I put on my car last weekend, I'm sure she was not pleased I didn't let her rest today.

Tomorrow is ALL THE FOOD SHOPPING. Farmers market, Asian grocery store, and regular grocery store. Maybe, if I have time, I might actually sit down and rest!
    Omg I want to serve mead at our wedding. I have a distant friend who makes mead... I haven't seen him in years and years but I almost want to contract him to make sparkling mead for toasts at the reception.

That would involve talking to people, and that is not going to happen.

Where'd you get your mead?
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Mead it too sweet for me. Don't know why I was surprised as it's made from honey...must have been thinking of grog. Grog is supposed to be hearty, right?
  • Options
    Blergbot said:
    Mead it too sweet for me. Don't know why I was surprised as it's made from honey...must have been thinking of grog. Grog is supposed to be hearty, right?
    Grog is for pirates, me hardies yo ho! Or something like that.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Yes! Pirates!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards