Florida-South Florida
Options

Newly engaged! Venue help needed!

Hi all! This is my first post! I'm newly engaged as of about a month ago. I've been not-so-successfully dodging questions about when and where the wedding will be. I guess it's about time to start the planning!

Has anyone had their wedding on a yacht or been to one? Would you reccomend it? I'm trying to find a unique venue in South Florida. Our preliminary guest list is 80 so far. I also like the idea of having the ceremony on the water but not on the actual beach/sand. Maybe on the intercoastal or a rooftop overlooking the ocean.

Any input would be greatly appreciated :)

Re: Newly engaged! Venue help needed!

• Options
    First, congratulations.  This is a great time and I hope you enjoy it to the fullest.  Next, there are a ton of really beautiful yachts in Ft. Lauderdale and they all do very nice parties.  You need to set your budget and priorities.  Are you more concerned about music and the party or do you have a crowd that relies on top grade food, but does not like to dance?  Once you start listing your questions and priorities, you will be able to start narrowing down venues.  You also need to figure out time of year for the wedding.  Any time between late fall and early spring is considered "high season" so prices spike dramatically.  I don't know if you live in S. Florida, but summer time is the rainy season, so be prepared for that as well (make sure your guests can get out of cars in a covered area).  Good luck and post again once you can narrow it down a bit.
  • Options
    Something you may want to think about is doing a wedding on a cruise ship before it disembarks. Guests not going on the cruise can board and you can have your ceremony and reception then leave, and you and the other guests who decide to stay can enjoy the cruise :)

Congrats and GL!

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards