Ohio-Northeast

Vendor Reviews from my May 17 wedding - Akron

So I just got married on May 17. The wedding turned out beautiful and everyone had a great time. I wanted to post some vendor reviews for you ladies who might still be looking:

Photography - Livigni Photography: They were absolutely amazing!!!! It's a husband and wife team and they were so pleasant and accommodating all day. They even mingled with my guests and got great pictures of them for us and everyone really liked them. I haven't seen all the pictures yet, but the preview pictures they sent me look awesome! I highly recommend them. They were willing to work with me on a shortened time frame and got all the shots that I requested.

Baker - Linda's Kitchen: So my cake ended up being gorgeous, but we did have some problems. I included a picture of the finished cake below, but it did end up falling over before the wedding started. My DOC had told them that it looked crooked, but they said it was fine. After they left the top tier slid off and landed upside down on the table. My cake topper got broken also. They came back and fixed the cake and were able to make the cake topper look presentable. The picture I included is after the cake was fixed. They were really great about all of it and they said they never had a cake do that before. When I went to return their things they returned the tip that I had given the delivery person. When I told them that my cake topper got broke so now I couldn't keep it as a keepsake they didn't offer an apology or try to do anything about it. That was a little off putting, but I let it go. The cake tasted amazing. I had ordered twice as much cake as I needed so I could get a larger cake and all of the cake was gone by the end of the night.

Ceremony/Reception venue - Firestone Country Club Lodge: The lodge at Firestone is absolutely gorgeous! It's a very private setting on the golf course and it was perfect for our small wedding. We also rented a private villa right next door to get ready in and for an after party. It made it extremely convenient. The food was delicious and the staff was very helpful the entire time. We had an issue with the tablecloths (for the buffet and gift tables) being wrong and they actually sent someone who had already left for the day back down to change them out the night before so that I knew it was correct. They did a few things that I had asked for special that isn't normally included in their regular package. Overall, they were very helpful and professional. The only complaint I did have is that the coordinator was not helpful about making sure we got everything in our package (I had to ask for quite a few things that said they were included) and he didn't communicate very well. It wasn't a big deal to me because I am extremely organized and knew exactly what I wanted. I could see this being a problem for an inexperienced or overwhelmed bride though.

Linen Rentals - Sitting Pretty Linens: I loved them! They had the biggest selection of linens that I could find anywhere and they were great to work with. This is the one vendor I had that I didn't worry about at all. Once I picked out my linens and paid them I didn't have to worry about another thing. They set everything up perfectly and came back and picked it all back up. They coordinated everything with the venue so I didn't have to do anything. This was seriously worry free every step of the way.

Officiant - Rev. John King: Rev. King is a minister at United Church of Christ in Westlake. He was so amazing. We loved him and all of our guests commented on how nice the ceremony was and how personable he was. He included some personal things about us even though he had only met us once and he made our ceremony really special. 

Favors - It's your Winery: We did full bottles of wine as our favors. We made them at It's Your Winery. The wine is delicious and we had so much fun making them. They included personalized labels and matching caps. The price was extremely reasonable especially compared to what you would pay for a bottle of wine at the store.

Hair, make up, and nails - Creative Designers: I love these girls! They are my regular stylists and they did a fantastic job. I treated my entire bridal party to hair and nails that day as well and the owner brought in orange juice, bagels, and fruits so we could have breakfast and it was like a big party.

I had some other vendors, but they are individuals who don't really do a lot of weddings so it probably isn't worth it to review them here. I hope this helps some other Akron brides out there.

Re: Vendor Reviews from my May 17 wedding - Akron

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards