Wisconsin

Avoid Country Inn and Suites Madison

I had a block or rooms at this hotel for my wedding reception in October. Being football season, I was keenly aware of the fact that my wedding date coincided with a Badger game. When I called for the block of rooms in April, the manager only wanted to give me ten rooms. Given that all of our family and friends were coming from out of town I requested twenty rooms. After a fair amount of back and forth, I caved and agreed to only ten rooms after being reassured that they would add more rooms as needed. Well that didn't happen. Upon calling to extend my stay an evening I had to inquire about the status of the rooms to find out the block was booked, no more rooms were added, and the entire hotel was now booked. I was told they couldn't do anything and after all it was a Badger football night, of course they were booked. This was exactly the concern I expressed back in April. Needless to say I had guests who had to cancel their RSVP because they had no where to stay. The service I received was awful and certainly the last thing a bride wants on her wedding day.

Re: Avoid Country Inn and Suites Madison

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for your post! They are one of the hotels that I was considering. I will look elsewhere. 
  • edited December 2011
    While you did receive crappy information / service you could have blocked another set of rooms at another hotel for your guests.  It's pretty common to block 2 - 3 hotels. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I did not have this problem and found them very easy to work with (badger game and all).  I did have a terrible experience with the Extended Stay in Madison. 

The Clarion Suites (near Alliant) was wonderful too. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards