California-Orange County
Options

Ever After Beach Weddings?

Ok, very long story short, I'm throwing a surprise destination wedding for my fiancee (oddly enough he has always been the one that wants to get married, we've been together for almost 11 years now....it's a long story on my end lol). Anyhow, I want something small and intimate. I have fallen in love with Dana Cove (my mom and I visited there about a month ago to check it out). There will likely be no more than 15 people (I'm guessing there will be 5 besides us in reality, so very small).

My first love for the officiant and ceremony was with Ever After Beach Weddings (everafterbeachweddings.com), though I can't find any reviews on them anywhere. They are the only ones I have found that only accept check, cash, or money order as payment. They require a deposit and the remaining balance to be paid one month prior to the wedding. Without finding any reviews though I'm hesitant on sending a check to someone I have never met and can not find back up on (the last thing I want is to pay $800 for a wedding, clue him in on this big surprise, get a license, get to the beach, and they have taken my money and run with it). They list a great photographer though as well.

I have looked at Southern Cal Weddings, but it seems all the bad reviews were with the more reasonable weddings (which is what I would fall under) which worries me that they just don't put as much effort into packages that don't give as much revenue.

I have found a florist I want to use there because they will do leis, I have a videographer that came recommended from a friend that I am hiring, I have a suite to get ready at, and a place to eat dinner at following the ceremony (also recommended by a friend and we ate there on our visit to make sure it was a good fit). I really just need a ceremony and officiant company that I can trust to do a nice small beach wedding at sunset. A flower aisle and heart garland, small decorations, with music and a photographer, sand ceremony, and filing of the license.

So has anyone heard of Ever After Beach Weddings good or bad? Or does anyone have a recommendation for a reputable company that can handle a similar ceremony.

Re: Ever After Beach Weddings?

• Options
    Hi! Just wondering if you got married yet, or tried ever after beach weddings! I am trying to get married in august and have been looking for reviews on ever after but there are still none. Please let me know! :)
  • Options
    Are you or have you used them? How were they? I am interested in using them too
  • Options
    Areyou or have you used them? How were they? I am interested in using them too
  • Options
    Hmmmm...it sounds scary. Go with your gut feeling on this one.  I've heard lots of horror stories and sometimes you get what you pay for.  If you pay through credit card, you can always call the credit card company and dispute the charge...if its through check, cash or money order, its gone and theres no way of getting it.  Disputing a charge is not that hard either so it may be in your favor to pay through credit card if you do decide to go with them. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards