African American Weddings

Makeup- Chicago - African American - 11 bridesmaids

Hello!

I am on the hunt for a makeup artist for my wedding. I have a huge wedding party and may need a team versus just 1 person. Looking at some of the preferred lists I don't see many African Americans in pics so I am concerned. Anyone have suggestions or referrals? All advice would be awesome!  Wedding is June 6, 2015.

Marla 

Re: Makeup- Chicago - African American - 11 bridesmaids

• I was in the same boat. I had a makeup artist, but she bailed out the last minute and the two best we already booked. The two I liked (best work, best communication) were Andie Cumber and Nika Vaughan. They both have websites. 

Andie was booked and recommended Nika. Nika was booked and was kind enough to give me several names which I will post below.

I think it says a lot about these women as professionals that they not only replied to my message even though they were booked, but that they also gave me other recommendations because they know it's hard to find make up info for brides of color. I would check out their websites. 

Another person with great communication, and who I booked a trial with is Jocelyn Morris. My trial is in a few weeks, so I'll follow up.

Here's a list of people to look up:

Andie Cumber
    Nika Vaughan
    Jocelyn Morris
    Renee Rhoden
    Jenn Jackson
    Nicole Rogers
    Yvonne Wallace
    Angela Hall
    Andrea Samuels
  • Hi Marla, 

did you find anyone? I am currently looking and my wedding is Oct 12, this year! I recently had a trial with Crystal Eyez. Check them out. They do phenomenal work! Have you checked out anyone else? I heard it was best to do two trials but I am pressed for time. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards