Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Processional and Bridal Entrance Music

I am currently trying to choose music for the ceremony. We will have someone playing piano and viola. Here is what I have so far: 
Prelude - Married Life from Up
Seating of grandmothers and mothers - Air on the G-String - Bach
Recessional - All You Need is Love - Beatles

I am still trying to decide what to play during the processional and my entrance. I am thinking a little more traditional since the prelude and recessional are more modern songs and I do not want it to seem too tacky. Maybe Canon in D. I just don't know if I should use the same some for both the wedding party and myself. There will be nine girls walking down and one ring bearer. I just don't know how long it will take. Any suggestions? Do you think these will sound well together?

Re: Processional and Bridal Entrance Music

• A piano and viola will be beautiful.  

I like the idea (especially with a large wedding party) of a different song for the bridesmaids and the bride.  

Because you're using contemporary (Married Life) and Classic (Air on G-String), you can choose either for your processional.  

You can't go wrong with Canon in D - it's beautiful for your girls or for you.  

Here's a link to some ideas (including a snippet of Canon in D played by piano and violin that will give you an idea of what your duo will sound like.)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards