Michigan-Detroit
Options

Service Staff

We're looking into having food trucks provide the food for our reception but are trying to figure out how to provide service staff. The reception site we're using is just that - a reception site, they don't have staff available. Anyone else have a similar situation? Did you hire a service staff? Where from/cost? Thanks for your help!!

Re: Service Staff

• Options
    edited June 2014
    What types of services are you looking for? You could probably put an ad on Craigslist looking for busboys, servers, bartenders, whatever. Get a resume and check references like any other job, and pay them well.

Does your venue have any recommendations?

• Options

I hired staff through my coordinator Grand Jour Events. I hired 3 staff at $150 each for my tented reception. They are arriving before the reception to make sure everything regarding food is all set up and then will watch over food, help guests, clean up ect. I contacted another company but didn’t read the greatest reviews and when my DOC said that was something they could do/have done I didn’t hesitate.

• Options
    Do you like working with Grand Jour Events, Jwells? I was looking at using them as a DOC (just now realizing that coordinating this AND being the bride may not be the best idea) and wondering what your opinion has been so far.
  • Options
    YES! Tammara has been great. I’ve had several family members and friends use Grand Jour Events so I knew right away I would hire them. I actually inquired about services before I had a date set in stone. It seems like a lot of girls on here have/are using them.
  • Options
    Have you talked to the food truck you are using about this?

We used Detroit BBQ company. They are also a food truck vendor and they just told us they could hire on a few people as wait staff for a small additional fee.
  • Options

I’d confirm what time the food truck leaves. My caterer leaves shortly after dinner and they said they could bring extra staff vs. hiring outside staffing but they too would leave than. I needed someone throughout the night to pick up empty cups, napkins, late night snack dishes ect. Whenever I’ve been to a banquet hall wedding the staff there is always picking up so that is kind of what I was looking for.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards