North Carolina-Outer Banks

Cinco Palmas

Hello!

I am looking for a wedding house and I have been stuck on Cinco Palmas for a while. The only issue I have is with the reviews of the house. Has anyone stayed here or been inside the houses? What was the condition like?

I have done research and found reviews for the house, but would like to see if I can round up any more.

Re: Cinco Palmas

• Here is a link to all of the posts about this house: http://forums.theknot.com/search?Search=cinco+palmas&CategoryID=111. Just type in the search boards box what you are looking for. I'm sure OBX will chime in, she's the queen of house rentals. I would highly recommend touring the house before booking to make a decision for yourself. When we went down in 2011 for our planning season we looked at 3 different options, so make sure you have several to decide from.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • doceridoceri member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I agree in that you should definitely look at houses before making a decision.  We went down a year before and just looked at a ton of houses so we knew what we wanted and did not want.  Pictures can definitely be deceiving!  You also should have options in case you cannot book the house/week you are wanting!
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    Hi! I also agree that you should look before you rent anything. I have seen this in person and we dubbed it "The Compund". From what I recall, the smaller houses were cute n cozy with the basics, but were a bit dated....but doable. The main house was spacious and had great views. Just saw that it was updated last year, but not sure if that includes the duplexes. It's a great location as the beaches are wider in S. Nags Head and less crowded. Are you planning a trip anytime soon? I would call the rental company and check your dates; some allow you to put down a $50 deposit to hold it until the Owners release the new rates in October. Also have a back-up house or date if it's booked.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards