Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymooning in Orlando, FL?

My fiancé and I are getting married on October 11th and are leaving the next morning for a week and are wondering if anyone has any suggestions of activities we can do in Orlando or possibly day trips we can take? Thanks in advance! :-) Kissa

Re: Honeymooning in Orlando, FL?

• Options
    I'd take a beach day trip. Cocoa is the closest, at about 45 minutes from Orlando, Daytona is also close (but pretty run down, IMO), Clearwater is great but a little father away, and St. Augustine is also beautiful with great shops (although it's a shell beach and not a "sandy" beach).
  • Options
    If between that and the parks, you're still looking for something to do, there are several lines that do three night cruises leaving from Port Canaveral.
  • Options
    Which hotel are you staying at? Sometimes the concierge is best at suggesting what is available on which days you're looking to go. 

imageimage

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Seriously, if you aren't already planning on it, go to Universal one day, get the two-park pass, and split the day between IOA and USO. You can even catch the Hogwarts Express between the two, I think - although that may not YET be open. My FI proposed down there (he almost decided to do it in front of Hogwarts, although I'm really glad he rethought that), and part of me wants to try and hint at going back for our HM.

ETA: Also Universal City Walk - there's lots to do AND you don't have to pay the admission for USO/IOA since it's really just a sort of square built between the parks. It's still kitschy and theme-park-y, but it's not QUITE to the level that the parks themselves are.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards