Louisiana-New Orleans

Past and future brides who used Magnolia plantation new orleans, la

edited June 2014 in Louisiana-New Orleans
Hi,
im looking for past and future brides who have booked Magnolia plantation.

1.how was the DJ? did you use them for lighting to?
2.how was the coordinator? 
3.were they accomidating as far as personalizing the space? 
4.did they allow you to bring in alot of decor? 
5.were you able to display favors etc?
6. were you able to do a decor run through?
7.did they work with you on price i.e kids, and off season date.
8.how was the food? drinks?
9 were you able to taste the food before hand?
10.how many tables are there?
11. were the buffet tables set us so they flowed well?
12.is a 4 hour reception long enough?
13.if you only had half the room is it to small? ....im thinking of just paying for 250 even though well probably only have 225 bc i want both rooms.
14. do they allow sparklers?
if you have any pictures of your day  would you mind posting them 

For future brides I am planning on a late 2016 wedding and I talked to the coordinator, she did not want overly hard centerpieces that took long to set up. she said one or two pieces max... I have an idea to pre assemble my centerpieces since there not floral and im going with a travel vintage theme. i.e old maps globes candles with neutral and gold tones. I am also thinking of making chair ties out of vintage map fabric. I was wondering if anyone would want to share ideas, split centerpiece price and assembly etc. message me if you like the idea
thanks 

Re: Past and future brides who used Magnolia plantation new orleans, la

• 1. DJ was terrific and we  could provide our own music list. Noise level was perfect. They gave us great suggestions too. We were able to raise or lower the lighting level to whatever we wanted. We liked it a little on the subdued side. Great ambience for a wedding..

2. Sue and our personal attendant that they provided for us  were both amazing. Totally spoiled us and  had our back at every turn keeping  everything on track.

3. There really was not anything  they told us no on. We added a few ( very few touches) but they were open to everything if we wanted  to do and made it easy for us to  get everything prepared onsite.  It was much less stress free  following their suggestions.

4. We could bring in  anything we wanted ( we didn't ask for live animals, of course!)

5. Yes we could display favors.

6. Yes  we could get in early and make sure everything was set up properly.

7.  They were by far the most affordable venue  we checked out.  They had plenty of staff  and  terrific food for our  wedding. NO LINES!

8. Food and drinks  were terrific.  Gumbo was really outstanding. That is usually tough to  do for large crowds.  No problem here.

9.Yes, we could do a food tasting.Food at the tasting  was identical to what was actually served.  Teriffic.

10. Not too sure of the total number of tables but there is actual seating for 250 I think.  

11. Buffet tables were set up so that you could  serve from both sides.  NO LINES!

12. 4 hours   was plenty.  We could have  paid for more time but it was totally unnecessary.  

13. Half the room  is perfect if you have less than 350 people.  I have been  there with  a wedding with  about 450 people and the entire space still swallowed them up. You have no idea  how big this place is even with people in it.  Taking the whole space  with less than 250 people will make it look like no one came to the wedding!!   The dance floor is HUGE even with one room LOL!

14. Your call... but  that entire venue for 250 people?  Out of scale with your event but hey that is just my 2 cents.  (According to their web site it can hold parties of over 1,000!)

15. Don't know about sparklers.  Maybe fire marshall issues? Ask them. 

Have a great time.  Sounds like a neat theme you have planned!
  • asgtra11 how many people did you have at yours?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards