Wisconsin
Options

Lake Geneva Vendor Review- pretty much all positives

They say rain on your wedding day is good luck.  What about rain that turns to sleet, then snow?  Weather aside, we had the most perfect day on April 16th in Lake Geneva at Geneva National Golf Club.  See below for vendor details

Ceremony/Reception Venue:  Geneva National, A-
       Jaffe and Andrea were wonderful to work with.  They were both very prompt in all responses and helped with ideas when I had none.  There was a bit lost in communication as I had been working mostly with Jaffe, then was switched to Andrea, but all-in-all they were wonderful.  The grounds were very pretty, even with the inclement weather.  We used the Lake Geneva Room, lounge and bar and could not have been happier.  It looked amazing.  The couture package they offer also helped to keep the price managable.

Day-of Coordinator: Blissful Events, A
        Leslie was fantastic.  Can't say enough.  Very responsive, wonderful to work with, affordable pricing.  There were a few times the day edged on possibly taking a turn and she handled things brilliantly.

Music:  Midwest Sound, A
        I'd read a few negative reviews about them, so was hesitant, but I could not have been happier.  Alfonso did everything right.  I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Flowers: Frontier Flowers of Fontana, A+
        Renee is AMAZING.  She is very creative, works with your budget, and knows how to just go with it.  The weather made my all peony centerpieces look a little lack-luster, so she remembered my love of tulips, and threw those in.  Never bothered me with last minute decisions, just handled it, and did so perfectly.  Love her.

Salon:  Clearwater, B+
         They did a fabulous job with all of our hair and worked very quickly to get us all done.  My only complaint here is that when I was walking from nail station to hair, the stylist informed me to "hurry up, we are already 20 minutes behind schedule"  Yes, 5 minutes of that was my fault (see below) but the other 15 I had no control over.  And furthermore, who tells a nervous bride to "hurry up, we're behind???"  Definitely not needed, but everything else was very good.

Videography:  Aerodef, A
         Andrew was very responsive and was ready with answers to any questions i had.  AJ was the videographer day-of, and he was very professional.  I was not planning on getting a video, but am glad we did.

Photography:  Steve Bowman, A++++++++++
         I cannot say enough about Steve.  Even with everything else going as well as it did, it would not have been worth it if at the end of the day I didn't have the pictures from Steve.  He was so creative, and so flexible, and worked SO QUICKLY.  I just could not be happier with our final product.  I fully plan on using him for whatever photos I  might ever need done in the future.

Accommodations: The Lodge at Geneva Ridge, F!!!
         As wonderful as everyone else was, Geneva Ridge was equally as TERRIBLE.  Please.  PLEASE do not stay here.  Ever.  For anything.  No matter what.  No one answers the phone.  Ever.  The room keys don't work, repeatedly (even making us 5 minutes late for our salon appt).  And the people are just downright RUDE.  Never would I EVER stay here again. Ever.

Hope these help!

Re: Lake Geneva Vendor Review- pretty much all positives

• Options
    cc7003cc7003 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats! thanks for the reviews!
    image 125 made the cut! RSVP date--August 22
    image 108 are ready for photobooth fun! image 19 are camera-shy!
    image 0 Can't find the post office!
    Vacation
  • Options
    gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats from another 4/16 bride here!  We got some great outdoor shots in the snow - memorable weather!  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, glad they are helpful!  We got some fantastic outdoor photos as well, however I was not brave enough to go out when it was still snowing!  The boys did though, and theirs look very cool.
  • Options
    msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on being married!
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the review on Renee at Frontier Flowers, that is who I am using and I've been really pleased so far.  She is so creative!  We almost had our wedding at the Lodge at Geneva Ridge, and now I'm so glad that I didn't!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards