Wisconsin
Options

Milwaukee Public Market

Has anyone had a wedding or been to a wedding at the Milwaukee Public Market? How was it? How was the food? The atmosphere? We're considering this place. It looks like a great location, the event coordinator seems like she'd be wonderful to work with, and the price is very reasonable. I really like the concept of selecting food from the vendors there. But we want to be sure the food is good (not just in concept) before we sign on. Any thoughts?
Thank you!

Re: Milwaukee Public Market

• Options
    That was our second choice location.  I was impressed with everything I saw there.  We ended up picking a place where it would be easier to have the ceremony and reception all in one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I attended a wedding there lasat fall and the space was a bit small...i think you can only ft about 100 comfortabley.  The food was okay, but the service wasn't great.  When the buffet opened, they didnt have all the food ready and then had to bring the roasted pototoes to our tables and they were raw. 
    Otherwise, everything else was good and it was an interesting place for a reception.
  • Options
    We are having our wedding there on July 13, 2013.  The woman you work with, Ellen, is amazingly nice and they are willing to work with you.  I am so excited for pictures in and around the building!  Plus I have actually heard from another couple that the food is wonderful and very fresh there, plus you can get all kinds of options because it is all the vendors from the market.  Sure it is a smaller venue, but we are only planning on 100, so I am okay with that.  A friend who is a big DJ in Milwaukee actually pointed on to the Market, and said it was one of his favorite weddings he had worked because of the vibe of the venue.  Just what we have heard and my thoughts!
  • Options
    Does anyone have an idea of the cost per person? What about drinks? I am highly considering the location!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards