Wisconsin

Wild Rock Golf Club House at the Wilderness

Has anyone here had a wedding/been to a wedding at the Wilderness' golf clubhouse?  We're thinking about having or ceremony and reception here but would like some input first, thanks!

Re: Wild Rock Golf Club House at the Wilderness

• My FBIL got married at their confrence center (I am pretty sure it is a different location) But it was hot outside in August (duh right?) 
    The Wilderness is expensive compared to other venues of the same size (standard for the dells)
    The staff was good enough, although they did make the rest of the cake and appetizers dissapear long before peoople were done with them. (The cake fed atleast 400 people and with 250 guests there were no leftovers? hmmmm)
    The decor was basic confernce room looking, and it was red! Be sure that your colors will work with what theyve got going on!
    The landscaping is ofcourse very nice, that's why we chose a golf course as well ;)

Good luck!
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I was just there a few weeks ago for my cousins wedding and 2 yrs. ago for a different cousin. They both used rooms at the conference center..The one a few weeks ago was in the Sandstone and the other was in the BIG one...cannot remember the name. Each had a seperate area for cocktail hour...I think the cocktail room off the BIG room was by far the best...it had one wall of all glass windows and doors...set up really neat....then wall panels moved to open it up to the reception space...this is where the "red" color comes in,as that is the color...but think more country red...not red red....you can go outside onto a deck area which is off the cocktail room...it is beautiful....the Sandstone as far as reception for the other wedding i was at I think was better..only because there are windows in that reception room, where in the BIG room the cocktail room had the windows and the hall was behind it.  Either way..they are both beautiful. Keep your guests needs and situations in mind....my cousins wedding a few weeks back had over 300 guests...we paid $249/night plus tax which brought it to $280/night..(2br condo) I thought that was absolutely insane as we could not use ANY of the resorts amenities like the waterparks because we were at a wedding...the standard room with 2 queen beds was $169, with tax $190...yikes....so if someone came in on Friday night...they are not getting away from paying less than $400 to go to your wedding....something to think about....Have you looked at Chula Vista?? Much more secluded..they have an area on the golf course w/ tent you can use for reception...or banquet halls...theres one where your guests can take a boat over to get to....really neat....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards