Wisconsin
Options

Help finding a DJ

Hi all,
I am looking for DJ recommendations for the Milwaukee area. Any suggestions? I heard that Sound by Design is good, but I haven't heard back from them on $$. What are you all spending on DJs?
June 2013 Sig

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Help finding a DJ

• Options
    Our DJ is 1200. It included the uplighting, travel, and music from 4 to midnight.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I can highly recommend Rhythm n Motion. Bill DJ'd at my reception last Friday. He gave us exactly what we wanted and our guests were very complimentary. I'm sure each job has specifics that weigh into the quote, but we paid well under 1,000.
  • Options
    Sound by design is who were using, theyr a bit pricey but great reviews
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_help-finding-a-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:9e9788c0-3311-49c7-b120-494deae004f1Post:5ee898c8-f944-4853-95a4-592a3173d240">Re: Help finding a DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sound by design is who were using, theyr a bit pricey but great reviews
    Posted by Ashleyknutson[/QUOTE]
    What was the cost?
    June 2013 Sig

• Options
    We are going with Sound by Design! They are a little pricy, but I really feel confident that they will do an amazing job from all of the positive reviews they were given. We are paying a little over $1,000.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're going with 'Music 2 Remember'. They have a nice on-line database where we can add/remove the songs we want. They also are certified wedding planners and ordained ministers. We booked them through a wedding show, therefore we got all night reception music (not ceremony though) for $700.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. We ended up booking Sound By Design for 1475 for a summer, Saturday wedding.
    June 2013 Sig

• Options
    We went with Sound by Design and our DJ was great! I recommend him though I was a little disappointed with the cost, it was a lot more than most and they would not come down. I was also not thrilled with the 20% that you have to ADD on top of their high costs. I would have rather had them add it in at the beginning. Aside from cost, two people came and got everyone going all the time with games, songs and talking/entertaining throughout so we were happy with that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards