Wisconsin
Options

Aveda Institute Vici Madison Cometology School for wedding day make-up

Has anyone had any experience with them as far as make-up goes? 

I found that one person offers application for $15, to someone who is on a budget this sounds much better than the $35 Bride Heads wants to charge me for a 2011 wedding.  I don't want my BMs to have to pay that much if they want their make-up done and I personally am not that interested in paying that much on top of $55 for hair from Bride Heads (they are upping their prices for 2011 FYI).

Does anyone have opinions for or against going this route? TIA
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Aveda Institute Vici Madison Cometology School for wedding day make-up

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Can you do a test run with both places?  If you are able to afford a test run with both places, do it.  That way, you'll know which place gives you better service and does a better job at the application.  You'll be able to decide then if it's worth paying $35 for makeup application.  $35 isn't awful though - I've seen much worse.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had the same thought when I got married. Luckily I did a trial run with the beauty school because the 3 of us who went walked out looking like clowns. It was AWFUL!

You should really do  some more research because $35 for make up is really cheap. Most people charge more than double that. If you want quality you do actually have to pay for it. Maybe try the mall. They don't charge your just supposed to buy some product to be polite.
    KRHagen November 2009
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info!  I haven't heard the best things about their services so I was curious if anyone else had used them.  I was thinking about checking out the MAC counter at Macy's and since I wear MAC I wouldn't have a problem buying something, especially since I will probably need some refills by January!

I don't have a huge problem with paying $35 for brideheads (of course I'd like to find a better price, I just don't know if it's out there for the quality), but they require 3 people (I guess you probably know that since your bio lead me to brideheads, lol) and I'm not sure if I'll have enough people interested, so I wanted to explore other options before telling my BMs this was the best price.  It's kind of looking like that's the best option though.

Did you do your make-up through brideheads as well? Someone else on this board said the make-up wasn't what they expected and it turned out poorly at their trial so I was a little worried about that review as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes I used Brideheads for my makeup. I used them for make-up and nails. Sheri who did my makeup was awesome...maybe she is not with them any more. I can give you her contact info. you can email me through my bio if you need it.
    KRHagen November 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards