New Jersey - South

LBI Venue Suggestions for Small Weddings?? Please help!

Hello!!!

I have been searching high and low on Long Beach Island for wedding venues.  We definitely have a budget (15-20K) considering we're paying for the wedding ourselves and we'd of course like be able to put down a large down payment on a house down the road.  Our current guest count is 65 people, maximum 75 guests after all is said and done.

Almost every venue or restaurant I've spoken to has either a large site fee (8K and above...just for the site, catering not included) or has a MINIMUM guest requirement of 100 and above for a Saturday evening (we are in North Jersey and will take approx. 2 hours to come down).

I feel as if I'm being penalized considering we have such a "small" wedding count and it's honestly sucking the fun out of it for us.

Any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: LBI Venue Suggestions for Small Weddings?? Please help!

• We are using the Long Beach Island Foundation of the arts and sciences. Its 5k for the rental and we have to find our own caterer. I hope that helps!
  • Did you try any of the yacht clubs?  Surf City Yacht Club and Brant Beach Yacht Club do weddings.  
  • I have also had a huge issue with trying to find a reception Venue on the beach that will cater to small weddings! I've actually had a few places change their attitude completely after they find out our guest list is 80 people max. If I find any venues, I will let you know! Good luck :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards