cheesecake (assorted flavors)
23% 12 votes
cookies/ brownies/ pastries
40% 21 votes
other- please say what
11% 6 votes

Re: Dessert poll- no cake

• ALL OF THE ABOVE!

If you can afford it, I'd suggest going pie and cookies/brownies/pastries or cheesecake and cookies/brownies/pastries. If not any of them would be fine and delicious. 

That said, I'm a "more is more" kind of dessert person, so take my advice with a spoonful of sugar here.

Anniversary
  • I like cookies/brownies/pastries. I'm all for variety. I also don't like cheesecake and pie is iffy depending on the filling.
  • I like most desserts, so all of the above.
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE fan of almost any and every dessert, but I have some beef with just serving cookies/brownies/pastries. 

Last year at an employee event for 300 people, this ended up being the house dessert the venue served. Lots of people put up a huge stink about "only" getting cookies/brownies/pastries. Silly, I know, but I'm just warning. 

That aside, I voted for cheesecake. My second vote would be for pie, which could cover lots of different tastes --- rich & chocolate-y or light and fruity. 
  • TEAM PIE 4EVA
  • I LOVE pie, just make sure to have a wide variety.
  • Cheesecake! All the cheesecake!
  • The winners on my facebook survey so far are apple pie & strawberry rhubarb pie! I am surprised that more people don't like cheesecake, I love it.

• jenna8984 said:
    The winners on my facebook survey so far are apple pie & strawberry rhubarb pie! I am surprised that more people don't like cheesecake, I love it.
    We thought about doing pies instead of cake when we first got engaged and planning. I LOVE me some apple pie and would be just as happy with that as cheesecake. Plus you're getting married in September so apple pie (and really any pie) would be seasonally appropriate.
  • ICE CREAM SUNDAE BAR!!!!

• I'm in the same boat as you. We hate cake too, we are going the pie and fruit trays route. My aunts are also making my favorite childhood desserts and we are asking his mom if she could do the same or provide recipes so that they can be made.
  • Can you do apple pie, cheesecake and brownies? Something for everyone.

FWIW we're doing lemon/strawberry cake with cc frosting and assorted cookies.

• chibiyui said:
    ALL OF THE ABOVE!

If you can afford it, I'd suggest going pie and cookies/brownies/pastries or cheesecake and cookies/brownies/pastries. If not any of them would be fine and delicious. 

That said, I'm a "more is more" kind of dessert person, so take my advice with a spoonful of sugar here.
    THIS!!!!!  Go with a Walmart Wedding cake to fill the "cake" expectation ($60 tops) - and have a dessert table with a mix and match of YUMMY desserts!! 
  • I would be seriously disappointed if there was no cake, just because YOU don't like it.  I'd at least offer cupcakes (disgustingly overdone, but better than nothing) plus whatever you guys like. It's not a wedding without cake, to me. If I HAD to have something else, I'd pick cheesecake, but it wouldn't be the same.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards