Registry and Gift Forum

No need for registry but how to announce money for honeymoon/master bath remodel is welcome?

We have been living together for 6 years and do not need anything worth registering for.  We list some things on Amazon wish list when there are off items we need/want, but the list is not big enough to count as wedding registry. What we really NEED is money toward the honey moon or our master bathroom remodel. Any tips on how to make that announcement without sounding tacky?

Re: No need for registry but how to announce money for honeymoon/master bath remodel is welcome?

• KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Do you really "NEED" a hoomeymoon or a remodeled bathroom? No, your really dont. Those are things that you want, which is fine. So just dont register and when people ask, say you are saving up for XYZ.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    People know that cash is always accepted and needed.  Don't ask for it or register for it, ala a honeyfund or gift cards.  It is tacky and rude to ask for money

I would do a small registry for people that like to give  physical gifts. 
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • People already know that cash is a great gift and they don't need you to tell them to give it to you. Either do a small registry or no registry at all and your guest will get the hint that cash is appreciated. If someone asks you directly what you want then you can say you are registered at store xyz but also saving for honeymoon and home repairs.  However you do not "annouce" this to people as you suggested in your OP.
  • KatWAG said:
    Do you really "NEED" a hoomeymoon or a remodeled bathroom? No, your really dont. Those are things that you want, which is fine. So just dont register and when people ask, say you are saving up for XYZ.
    I know this was a typo, but for some reason I said "hoomeymoon" out loud and laughed SO HARD.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Everyone's already got this covered. Small registry or no registry, and anyone who asks reply with "oh, we don't need anything but are saving up for home remodel/honeymoon"

Anniversary
  • Don't ever say that! People will give you cash if they can and if they want to. That is just another way of asking for money- and it is tacky.
  • We did not register - anywhere. Everyone knows cash is always appropriate, appreciated and often preferred - literally everyone on earth knows this. =o) Some people will want to get you a physical gift. But I have good news :) For our wedding the gifts broke down like this: 75% cash or check, 20% gift cards and 5% physical gifts. If you want money or don't need anything don't register. This is the best way to politely suggest folks give you money. I'm telling you from experience ;-) There is nothing wrong with saying, when asked where you are registered, we are saving up for the honeymoon and home repairs (or big screen TV or whatever it is you'd like to purchase). GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• You never announce anything to do with gifts. That's horribly rude. Don't register or have a small registry. When people ask, it's fine to mention that you're saving toward whatever.
  • I registered at the honeyfund as well doing other store registries.  I like it especially for the fact that there will be guest who are not attending but still want to send a gift.  Instead of going out buying a card and putting it through snail mail they can just go to the honeyfund registry and, like with everything these days, send the gift electronically.  Hope this helps. They also have registry cards on the site that you can print off the same way that Macy's, Bed Bath & Beyond and all other registries have.  Congratulations and good luck!
  • I registered at the honeyfund as well doing other store registries.  I like it especially for the fact that there will be guest who are not attending but still want to send a gift.  Instead of going out buying a card and putting it through snail mail they can just go to the honeyfund registry and, like with everything these days, send the gift electronically.  Hope this helps. They also have registry cards on the site that you can print off the same way that Macy's, Bed Bath & Beyond and all other registries have.  Congratulations and good luck!
    Did you even read the posts above? Cash and honeymoon registries are horribly tacky. Also, it is lying to your guests as you just receive the money minus ~9% transaction fees. It really isn't hard to mail a cheque, and I would much prefer to spend the cost of a stamp rather than transaction fees to some corporation. 
    This is bad advice. Honeyfunds are super tacky. 
    OP, just don't register. People will get it.

You realize your friends and family could still do this without you begging for cash from them, right?

And seriously, it's OH SO HARD to dump a check in the mail? Yeah, no.

And registry cards do not belong anywhere near wedding invitations. Those are disgusting.

Right, because paying a $9 convenience charge is much better than buying a 45 cent stamp.

Outside of being rude as hell, these things are so stupid.  Why on earth would you want to give away that much of your gifts?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards