Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Outdoor Catholic Ceremony

My fiance and I are getting married outdoors but both of our families are catholic. We understand we cannot have a priest perform the ceremony and have it valid for the church; however, we would want to try to 'recreate' a traditional catholic ceremony as close as possible and we are having a hard time finding someone. Ideally, we would want a priest who is no longer in active ministry. We have contacted a few, but they were already booked for our wedding day (which is in 3 months!). So does anyone have any recommendations for catholic ceremony officiant in Cape Cod or anywhere in Massachusetts area? Thanks!!

Re: Outdoor Catholic Ceremony

• I heard that chaplains from a catholic hospital might do it, kind of like a "rent-a-priest" type thing.  I don't know really, I am getting married in the Church but would really rather prefer it be outdoors so I've looking into it briefly.  Also, you could totally have someone you know become ordained (they have a certification process online and it takes less than a week) and then "recreate" whatever you want or just incorporate some Catholic elements into the ceremony. 
  • Thanks! I think we've found someone from the Reformed Catholic Church that will do. We talked to him and he seems exactly what we are looking for. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards