Illinois-Chicago

Open-feeling, well-lit venue in Chicagoland area.

Hey everyone!

I am having a bit of trouble in my venue search. We are looking for a reception area in the Chicagoland area (preferably NW suburbs) that feels very open. LOTS of windows/natural light, ideally with pretty surroundings! Absolutely open to the idea of an outdoor reception, as long as there is a good indoor backup option in the event of bad weather. From venues I've looked at (online) so far, Esplande Lakes at the DoubleTree in Downers Grove seems most along the lines of what we are looking for, though I think it may be TOO large and expensive for us. We expect around 200 guests in attendance.

We also would like something at or  very near a hotel(s), because our friends and family know how to party and we would like our guests to have convenient accommodation! Please, if you know of any venues that fit these criteria, let me know! I would appreciate any help I can get!! 

Thanks in advance :)

-Bridget

Re: Open-feeling, well-lit venue in Chicagoland area.

• Do you want to be in the city or in the suburbs?
  • Have you checked the Morton Arboretum?
  • My friend had her wedding here:

The ceremony was outdoors under a beautiful willow tree and the reception space has windows on three sides.  It's in Kildeer, Illinois- north of Chicago.  

We had a hotel nearby but I was too drunk to remember how far the drive was, sorry (lol).  (We had a DD, by the way.) 

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    My friend had her wedding here:

The ceremony was outdoors under a beautiful willow tree and the reception space has windows on three sides.  It's in Kildeer, Illinois- north of Chicago.  

We had a hotel nearby but I was too drunk to remember how far the drive was, sorry (lol).  (We had a DD, by the way.) 
    The hotels were probably less than 4 miles away.  There are several on Milwaukee Avenue, which is just east of Kemper Lakes.  This was going to be my first suggestion as well.  Independence Grove in Libertyville is also lovely.  The Cuneo Gardens in Vernon HIlls is very pretty. 

OP, what are your location parameters?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards