Moms and Maids

FMIL is in love with this dress for the wedding...thoughts?

So my FMIL is one hot lady and she wants to bring out all the stops for our wedding. She sees and treats me like a daughter and we are very close and open with one another. I told her she will look great in whatever she chooses to wear and she said she wants to look sexy lol! So she sends me this dress by Jovani

FI is not really thrilled about this dress. He thinks its a bit too racy for his mom lol. I think the dress is gorgeous and am leaving it up to her to decide what she wants to do. What are your thoughts on this dress?

Re: FMIL is in love with this dress for the wedding...thoughts?

• vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I think that if this is what she wants to wear, then she should rock it.
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • If she wants to wear it and it makes her feel beautiful, more power to her.
  • Could you compromise with your FH and have a modesty panel put in around the midsection? That way it's still sexy without showing as much skin. 
  • GORGEOUS!!!! She should definitely go for it.
  • Love it! Good for MIL :) Tell your FI to suck it up and get over it. His mother is a human being and if he's old enough to get married, he should be old enough to get over seeing her embrace her sexy side! Good for you for supporting her.
  • Thanks guys! She will definitely rock the dress out and will look damn good in it. I told FI that if his father is on board with her decision he should be too and he just shakes his head and smiles. I don't think he is truly upset about it, I just think  he is shocked she would want to wear it lol.

@ladygoldfish...if she gets this dress I think she plans on wearing a slip underneath to cover it up if it's "too much" so I am sure he wouldn't have a problem with that either lol.

• I think it would look great with a slip or something underneath it.  I hope that she rocks it despite her son's trepidation about it. 

• doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Gorgeous dress.  If I were her, I would put in a modesty panel/lining so that it isn't see-through, but I don't think there is nothing that you can do to convince her not to wear it.
  • doeydo said:
    Gorgeous dress.  If I were her, I would put in a modesty panel/lining so that it isn't see-through, but I don't think there is nothing that you can do to convince her not to wear it.
    I agree 100%.
  • Is it a church wedding?  If it is some churches may take issue with it.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No one is trying to convince her to not wear it. She can wear whatever she wants and I am sure she will look great in whatever she chooses. This dress just happens to be her favorite so we shall see what happens :).

@mysticl, it is not a church wedding so there wouldn't be an issue with that.

Thanks for your input ladies!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards