Snarky Brides

Cash or Check Only!

Is this real life?

"My FH and I would only like to receive cash or checks for the wedding gifts.... Other reasons are that we would like to clean up some of the debt we accumulated during the planning process, we would also like to put a down payment on a boat "our forever honeymoon" since we really arent taking much of one. My question is.....How do i include this in the invitations without it being tacky?"

She even has a section on her wedding website asking for cash or checks.

Re: Cash or Check Only!

• When I was meeting with my stationary gal, she told us about wording on invites and gave us a quick story about how a bride insisted on putting "Cash Gifts Only" on her invites.  The customer is always right, but Stationary Gal suggested that perhaps she could just return any gifts without offending the guest.

The bride was instant "No, I want that on the invite.  Cash ONLY."

"What if you get a toaster?"

"They take it home with them."

So rude....
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Wut.

Wut.

Anniversary
  • Where did you see this at?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • @AddieCake: Sorry, I hyperlinked the beginning of my post, but it's kind of hard to tell. But it was from WW (of course) Here's the link: http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/cash-or-checks-only/e6ab412ff6a8b575.html
  • Ahhh, ok. Thanks!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    It seems like she got good advice and actually listened...
  • And I was feeling greedy because a distant aunt sent us a very very nice boxed gift and a check just because she thought of us when she saw the gift.

I wrote that thank you immediately! And called her. Then she called me in happy tears because she got the card and "Rivy, no one sends thank you notes anymore. I'm so happy you sent me this!"

I still feel greedy.
  • It's too early for this shit.
  • sophhabobopha you have THE BEST gif collection.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    sophhabobopha you have THE BEST gif collection.
  • What??? That is gross. 
  • Pretty sure they would not be getting anything other than a card from me.

No wait, I take that back.  I would just decline as I do not want you go broke because I attended your wedding.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Just wondering but...does anyone here not want cash? If one of your wedding guests give you cash, are you going to be upset? 

No, you aren't. Because people like getting money. We will do a lot of things to get money. It's the whole reason Vegas exists. We'll pay money on the off chance we might get more money. That's how much people like money. Clearly we know it would make a good gift if we like it so damn much. Does she think the people on her guest list are particularly stupid and aren't aware money is think you can gift? Because she got a few boxed presents at her shower.

And hey, I'm not paying off another grown-ups debt. You choose to get into debt, now figure out how to get out of it. That's what grown ups do. 
  • MagicInk said:
    Just wondering but...does anyone here not want cash? If one of your wedding guests give you cash, are you going to be upset? 

No, you aren't. Because people like getting money. We will do a lot of things to get money. It's the whole reason Vegas exists. We'll pay money on the off chance we might get more money. That's how much people like money. Clearly we know it would make a good gift if we like it so damn much. Does she think the people on her guest list are particularly stupid and aren't aware money is think you can gift? Because she got a few boxed presents at her shower.

And hey, I'm not paying off another grown-ups debt. You choose to get into debt, now figure out how to get out of it. That's what grown ups do. 

Sorry quote box is being problematic. The worst part is they aren't even using the money to pay off debt... they are using it to put a down payment on a boat! And even though she decided not to included it on their invites, their website says "The Bride and Groom ask for cash & check in lieu of gifts . This will ensure that they will not have to leave anything behind as they are on a destination wedding. They will also be using their gift money to put a down payment on their forever honeymoon. Sean will start boat shopping as soon as they return from the Sanibel getaway."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards