October 2014 Weddings

Shoes for my dress.. Can't decide on a color!

I cant decide if I should do coral shoes, for the pop of color, or just stick with champagne/beige shoes for my dress. My girls are all wearing coral, with champagne/beige/gold shoes.. Decisions Decisions.. 

Re: Shoes for my dress.. Can't decide on a color!

• CORAL! but thats because I love coral. I love the colors you have chosen
  • Thank you! I love coral too! My closet is filled with coral and turquoise pieces. I may be borderline obsessed :P 
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    It sounds like you have a lot of coral pieces already! Do you already own something that will work well with your dress? Personally I love a little pop of color with your wedding dress but I also think a pair of champagne shoes would look very pretty. I'm doing mostly a neutral color palette so I bought a pair of champagney almost antique gold colored shoes.

• I've all for a pop of color! My shoes are blue!  I guess it depends on what you want your pictures to say 10 years from now.  Are you going for a classic, timeless look?  If so, the pop of color may not be a good idea, as it is trendy and may fall out of trend over time.  I personally am going for a vintage feel, but I still wanted it to be fun.  I'm adding pearl and rhinestone shoe clips on my shoes for my "timeless" aspect, but I still get the fun and on-trend aspect too!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • I vote pop of color. My shoes are kelly green :)
  • I would go with 'what are you more likely to wear again'.

Anniversary
  • I never was thinking to do a different color. Thanks for the idea! I might just go with matching my bridesmaid's dresses with my shoes. Cute idea. I think you should go with the coral shoes.
  • I'm boring and didnt go with a different colored shoe to go with my dress. I went with an ivory laced shoe to match. I'm not big on wearing heels, but I got them to wear for my ceremony. After the ceremony, I am ditching them and then slipping into a pair of ivory laced flats that I purchased as well. I'm all about the comfort!
  • I have an ivory dress and I hate heels. I am thinking brown cowboy boots or purple converse.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I can't wear heels because I have a bad back.  Soooo, I'm going with blue flip flops.

• I am wearing black very low heels. The Kelly & Katie Courtny pump! I have to find heel pads since one foot seems to be a little smaller then the other :). Its a little over a 2inch heel. My FH is only about 4 or so inches taller then me so they are perfect.

• kebebbkebebb member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I have a pair of kind of neutral, sparkly flats. They're boring and I don't really like them. Fiance is maybe an inch or two taller than me, which gets in the way of my obsession with high heels. I haven't decided if I'm going to stick with my boring shoes or go shoe shopping again.
  • bekt14bekt14 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    I had the same dilemma. I bought two pairs of heels from DSW- one is the color of the bridesmaid dresses and one is ivory. I like them equally, so I had a mini panic attack at the store because I couldn't decide. Luckily they have a 60 day return policy, so I'll try them both on when going to my dress fitting and then I'll return one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards