Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Small wedding, small guest list. Plus Ones?

So my fiance and I are only have a maximum of 70 people at our wedding. We are getting married on a yacht so that is a very non negotiable number. For family members like ours cousins and stuff, should they get a plus one? My fiance's cousins all live in the same house with their parents (ages ranging from 20-25) so should they get plus ones? Never done this before! Ahhh!

Re: Small wedding, small guest list. Plus Ones?

• Options
    If the cousins have a significant other, that person MUST be invited by name, regardless of where the cousin lives. That isn't a plus one - you should consider those people a two-person unit that can't be separated. If they're really truly not seeing anyone, you don't need to give them a plus one.

If you can't invite them all with their significant others, you should cut them from the list.

• Options
    If anyone has a SO then that SO has to be invited (a SO =/= plus one...SOs should be invited by name), but for truly single guests then they do not have to get a plus one if you do not want to give one.

Also, all adults should get their own invites so for those that still live with their parents they should get their own separate invitation addressed to them and their SO (if they have one).

• Options
    Ditto PPs. Anyone who is in a relationship gets his or her significant other invited by name. If people are truly single, you are not obligated to extend them a +1 option. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    what yacht are you thinking of using? also want a similar wedding
  • Options
    Pacific Avalon Charters in Newport Beach, CA. :) The yachts are AMAZING
  • Options
    Ditto pp's- significant others have to be invited, truly single guests do not have to be allowed a plus one.  If your single guest really won't know many people at the wedding it's nice to let them bring a guest but still not necessary. 

I suggest leaving a little wiggle room also in case a guest who currently doesn't have a significant other meets someone.  Three of our guests who were single when we made our final guest list are now dating someone so I'm glad we left some wiggle room.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards