Illinois-Southern Illinois

Venue Southern Illinois

Hello! I'm new to the knot and newly engaged on 5/21. I'm from Fairview Heights, IL and my fiancé from KY. We are interested in a small (75-100) wedding. We are actually looking to have a "backyard" type wedding as many of the more common wedding venues seem to be so monopolized with required # of guest, required vendors, etc. We thought it would be more fun to find a vacation rental (perhaps by a lake or with a pond) with a large property that would allow us to host an outdoor wedding for 75-100 people. We do not want a barn or wood cabin but are open to rustic/vintage/historic type locations. Even a modern rental house is fine. Prefer southern IL primarily southwest. I've looked on VRBO, home away, and craigslist but I'm not finding much. Any advice? Suggestion of venues that won't break the bank or know someone who has a vacation rental property? Thanks!! (BTW- hoping for May 2015 but can be flexible.)

Re: Venue Southern Illinois

• Hi! I dont actually have any answers for you, I just wanted you to know this is literally what I was about to post. I havent been able to find anything either. Im starting to wish I had a friend with land. Good luck!
  • Hello! I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I came across The Weingarten in Belleville, IL during my search for a venue in the metro east IL area. I know they offer outdoor ceremonies and receptions. In terms of a more "backyard wedding" using a rental house, have you looked into any of the rental properties in Grafton? Good luck!
  • Hi, I'm from the area and I'm having my wedding at the Egyptian Hills resort. They don't have a preferred vender list but they do make you use their chef for the food. It is an outdoor venue next to the lake and it's beautiful there! Another suggestion would be to look at the local wineries down there. Most of them do weddings. Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards