Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Registry Question

We have two registries - Bed Bath and Beyond and MyRegistry.com (which includes Macy's, Mikasa, IKEA, Land's End & L.L. Bean stuff).  We didn't have very many items on the Macy's registry because generally speaking they are more expensive than BBB for the same items.  However, no one has touched the BBB registry while the Macy's items are getting quickly snatched up (started with roughly 20 items, 15 have been purchased).  Is it ok to take off some of the BBB stuff and add it to the Macy's registry since more guests seem to want to use it - or does that look weird because it means that I was clearly stalking my registry?  

Re: Registry Question

• Options
    Honestly, I would just leave it.  Once your Macy's registry is bought out people will most likely start buying off your other registries.

• Options
    I would move items, but that's bc I prefer to shop at Macy's for wedding presents. I would see the item on your BBB register but wait for it to go on sale at Macy's and use my 20% coupon and my free shipping with my preferred card. Then you might end up with two of the same item.

I would put the items on both registry and then monitor and take purchased items off the other registry, but that's just me. I am going to buy it wherever I get the best deal and since things never go on sale at BBB for me that's usually Macy's. 

GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    If people seem to prefer the Macy's, I would move a few things to even it out.

We registered at Macy's and BB&B.  BB&B was cheaper for most things, so I was surprised to see how quickly the Macy's registry was cleared out until a friend tipped me off on Macy's sales and the perks for people with Macy's cards.  

Savvy shoppers will buy the gift at whatever store has the best deal, regardless of where you registered for the item.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards