Snarky Brides

I shouldn't have been surprised...

My FMIL's feelings are hurt because she wasn't invited to the bachlorrette weekend...

ummmmm... excuse me? Did I really get that email today.... time to put on our big girl pants and act our age people!!

When will the drama end with this lady!!! but on the 6th dress/shoe/bra shopping venture she is FINALLY all set... I may not be... but she is... 

Re: I shouldn't have been surprised...

• My FMIL's feelings are hurt because she wasn't invited to the bachlorrette weekend...

ummmmm... excuse me? Did I really get that email today.... time to put on our big girl pants and act our age people!!

When will the drama end with this lady!!! but on the 6th dress/shoe/bra shopping venture she is FINALLY all set... I may not be... but she is... 
    There's an age limit on going out and having fun? What is it?
  • Oh lord no - not a limit on age for having fun and going out!!! Just on acting childish... she was upset because her other daughter-in-law is coming and she wasn't invited.
  • It's just me and my bridesmaids and the groomswoman (the SIL)... 
  • zitiqueen said:
    My FMIL's feelings are hurt because she wasn't invited to the bachlorrette weekend...

There's an age limit on going out and having fun? What is it?
    I definitely think you misread the OP. She wasn't saying her FMIL is too old for anything, just that she needs to grow up and stop being a drama queen.

OP, did she really assume she was going to be invited to your bach party weekend lol?
  • Rebl90Rebl90 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    How ridiculous, I know for a fact neither my mother or FMIL expected to be invited to any bachelorette-type activites (even though I'm not having one). While it's nice to extend an invitation if you are really close, I think it is typically the exception, not the rule.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Um yeah FMIL's don't need to be at Bach parties....  Good call.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Yea. FMIL or ,y mom will most certainly NOT be invited to my bachelorette party lol.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• That's really weird that she would think she'd go...
  • My mother and my FMIL are coming to my bachelorette weekend. I insisted they be invited. 
  • Honest-to-God, I saw pictures from a recent wedding my mom was invited to (her friend's AW daughter) - in the Facebook album, there were pictures of the bride, her sisters, BMs, and their MOM at a pole-dancing studio for a bachelorette day.  

...Ew!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • Honest-to-God, I saw pictures from a recent wedding my mom was invited to (her friend's AW daughter) - in the Facebook album, there were pictures of the bride, her sisters, BMs, and their MOM at a pole-dancing studio for a bachelorette day.  

...Ew!
    Ok, now that's gross. My bach party will not include any pole dancing. Or strippers. Or penis-themed anything. 
  • She sent you an email telling you her feelings are hurt? If so, that just strikes me as attention seeking and someone just looking for a reason - any reason - create drama. It's nonsense. Most parents aren't invited to the bachelor/bachelorette parties for what I think are fairly obvious reasons. Aside from that, unless you planned your own party, why is she complaining to you? Even if you did plan the party, what does she want? A pity invite? A grovel lying apology? An excuse to pout and play victim? All of the above? Even if she was disappointed, an adult woman should be able to reason out why she wasn't invited and/or have the good sense and graciousness to keep quiet about it. If you haven't already responded to her, I'd be tempted to simply ignore the email. This is her issue - don't let her force it on you. If she insists on a response, then it's time for your FI to step in and shut her down.
  • My mother and my FMIL are coming to my bachelorette weekend. I insisted they be invited. 
    I invited my mother and MIL to the beach day before we went out. Both declined nicely saying they thought this was a good time to be with my friends.

Anniversary
  • If my mother had been alive, I definitely would have invited her to mine. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • My mom and FMIL are invited to my bach party too.  My friend had her mom and MIL at her bach party too.  Of course, neither of us planned anything penis themed, bar/club hopping, or anything else that anyone would typically not want their mom to see.

It is inappropriate for ANYONE to expect an invite though.
  • Should someone decide to throw me a bachelorette party that wasn't like... dinner at a restaurant, I don't think my mom or FMIL will expect an invitation to it. I hope not. I like having fun, and my mom doesn't. Unless she's half-in-the-bag at a hibachi restaurant.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I attended dinner with DD and her girls a couple of weeks ago for her bach party but there was no way I was going on the bar hopping end of things and she didn't want me to either!  Her stepmom and I left after dinner which suited all of us just fine.
  • I was fortunate that bachelorette parties were not the thing in 1976.  My mother would have totally embarrassed me with her "indiscrete" behavior.  She was quite the party girl.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • My best friend invited my mom to my bachelorette party (Which is tomorrow. Yay!)

My mom thought it was weird that she was invited.

She's going to come to dinner with us, but then head home before the "craziness." (We are going to a jazz club to listen to music and have a few drinks. I'm well past the craziness my mother seems to think will be happening.)

So yeah, your FMIL is a little bit out there. Possibly a lot.
  • I actually wasn't sure what the protocol was on this situation.

I'm plan on inviting my mom, grandma, FMIL, AND FSMIL. I doubt FMIL or FSMIL would go, but I'm not doing anything too crazy (I don't think). I pray my grandmother goes, because she is hilarious. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• My mom is invited to mine, and I've been to multiple with moms. But they're usually not the "go to a club and get wasted" type of bachelorette parties and more of the "go away for a weekend at the beach" type. Sometimes the moms bow out of the evening activities.

But I'm not inviting my FMIL. No way.
    Anniversary
  • FI stepped in... explained to his mom that she needed to stop making our wedding all about her feelings... it's been like that from the start - we spent more time getting her wedding outfit and hair trials done than on our own! She apologized to him for making an issue - which was unexpected but nice to hear that she has had a lucid moment... 

Now my mom will be there for a couple of hours because she is driving my soon to be step-daughter to and from a planned event that she can be included in (she's only 13). That was the only thing I had asked - that there be something like a nice dinner that she can attend, it's a big deal that her dad is getting re-married and she is my "MOH". This weekend was planned by my girls and it's a surprise so I don't know what we are doing! Nothing crazy - beach weekend but without the FMIL!

Just still amazed she felt like she should have been invited for the weekend... 
  • My FMIL is most likely coming to my bachelorette party. And I do not have any problem with that! She is the life of the party at times and I know it would be all in fun. lol

Shoot, she was even with us for her daughter's 21st birthday at the club and was getting hit on more than any of us! Good times. :)

• My mom and FMIL are both coming to my bachelorette, but we're doing a wine tour so it's not like we're bar hopping all night.
  • I'm not having a shower, instead I'm having a women-only type of outing, that my mom is helping plan. It's likely going to be some type of wine tour. My mom and my aunts are the life of the party, and this will be super fun.

But it will be totally different than my bachelorette party. There's a certain freedom to hanging out with your best friends that is just a very different situation when your mom, never mind your FMIL, is around! My bachelorette party, like a traditional bachelor party, is designed to essentially be a "send-off" to being single. No, obviously there will be no cheating involved, but we are going to go out and party and dance and be ridiculously silly and inappropriate. I can't wait. 
  • Yeah my mom and FMIL will not be at mine. We are having a combined one(literally just wedding party and few close friends going up to a cabin that will probably lead to bar hoping). I do not see why she would think she would be invited. If it was a nice dinner or bbq then maybe but its it is drinking then no...atleast not mine.

• KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    @Starlet514 your FMIL had makeup and hair trials? What the huh? 
  • @Kasmith1 - yes... yes she did... she was so nervous about it all that it was decided it was best - mostly because I didn't want to spend my wedding day re-assuring her that she looked good...

I found out after the fact she called the salon like 3 times the day before the wedding asking questions and she re-did her hair herself the day of the wedding and took off her make-up... I am SOOOOOO happy we spent all that time and money... grumble grumble grumble...

• KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    @Starlet514 - That is nutty nut job type stuff right there. WOW. Sorry for the waste of money, but probably worth it not to have to constantly reassure someone of how they look the day of. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards