November 2014 Weddings

Vent: Can't find a potential photographer's website

I've contacted so many photographers to get pricing (why can't they just put a min. price or estimate but say that they'll try to work with any budget?) and I got an awesome response back from one. This guy is so specific and has asked so many questions to the point that I feel like I don't even need to have a meeting with him before our free engagement shoot & photos, that he's offering as a test run before even choosing him. The only problem is that I can't find his website or figure out how I found him to begin with. I wasn't emailing random people asking if they were photographers! My computer history has deleted itself up to the last 2 days, it's not in my sent emails so his response was from some sort of web inquiry, he wasn't recommended by friends, isn't on TK or weddingwire, I don't see an ad on craigslist, and I can't find him on the many google searches I've tried tonight. I am clueless! I can find everyone else but him. The email address is a live.com and his name is kind of common (I keep coming up with someone from the UK). I've been so organized and on top of things and I let this one slip. I had to have seen pictures that I liked in order to have wanted to contact him for pricing...but where did I see it?!? I know I could ask him, but I'd rather just find it myself instead of having to ask "Uhhh, so by the way, where did I find you again/what's your website?" I think I just need to go to bed, but I'm awake because I've been thinking about this all day.

Re: Vent: Can't find a potential photographer's website

• You cant do a search in your inbox?  When people respond from a website inquiry, they usually leave your inquiry in the body of the text.  It's not buried in your correspondence somewhere?

Can you do an email content search using "Inquire" "Inquiry" "Pricing" "meeting" "portfolio" or some trigger word that you would have used in your inquiry?  

Also, Amen on that whole "Photogs don't put pricing on their websites" thing, but that is a HUGE pet peeve of mine.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I'm thinking that I either contacted him via a form on a website (so it wouldn't be in my email) or it could have been one of those sites that you put in what you're looking for and the vendors contact you.

• I met a photographer today that's only $600 and OMG!!! I love it! I think he'd be a good fit for us. I showed FI his work and he's impressed. I'm super excited!...but I'm still going to meet with above photographer just to make sure I want to spend $300 more on the photographer I met today.

• Would it happen to be TK Photography by chance?
  • I broke down and asked him to send me a link to his site and I can't say I have ever been to it. I don't know how he got my info, he responded in the initial email to me with a thanks for the inquiry and the wedding date was in the subject line. I like his work and can't wait to meet with him, and hopefully save $300, but we'll see how professional he is.
  • OMG!!! I met with above photographer and he, and his wife, are AMAZING! They had a DIY wedding and we totally clicked. $300 for all the pictures and printing rights. It includes 2 photographers, he and his wife, they touch up all images, I get 20 custom edits of my choosing, and he has a contract (sounds crazy that I'm excited about that but 2 out of 4 photographers I met with don't). I think I just found my photographer!!!!! :)
  • OMG, where I need to find one, but I live in Miami
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards