Connecticut

October 2015 budget wedding location where we can provide our own food?

My fiance and I are looking for a place to have our wedding and reception for October 2015 somewhere in either northern Connecticut or a part of Massachusetts closer to CT (which seems random, but he's from CT and I'm from Mass so we want a place that would be in the middle so neither of our families has to travel too far). We want to do them both at the same place and we would like it to be at least partially outside, but naturally we need to take the weather into consideration.
So far we've found so many places we can afford to rent that would be perfect but our biggest problem has been the catering. I have celiac disease so I need to eat gluten free (which can be sort of pricey) and worry about cross-contamination so we were planning on making the food ourselves since the wedding will be fairly small anyway but almost all of the places we've found provide their own menus and wont allow us to bring our own food instead. Some have offered to customize a gluten free menu for us, which would be great if we could afford it but unfortunately we can't. 
Any suggestions or similar situations?

Re: October 2015 budget wedding location where we can provide our own food?

• you need to find a venue that allows outside catering then find a cater in your price range that can do glutten free.

you should never cook on your wedding day you have to worry about keeping the food at the right temp refilling the food stations you wont have time to enjoy your wedding

what is your overall budget for food and drinks?

also how far in mass is your family from? have you looked into the manchester and surrounding towns they have a few venues maneelys in south windsor, a villa louisa in bolton.

you could also look into the central ct area its close to sprinfield and not that far like an hour drive.

the venue im having my reception at next saturday is 76 a person includes full sit down dinner, hot and cold appz open 4 1/2 open bar ) 5 hour reception. dj cake and centerpeices for 76 a person

also if you decided to do it in mass and want to serve liqour then you are looking at a separate charge for that. venues in ma only included food in there packages if you want liqour its considered an add on and its a separate fee per person. in ct all venues that offer full catering on premises have the liqour included in the packages
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards