Illinois-Chicago

Venues- Help

Hi All!

I am beginning to research venues and am getting overwhelmed as there are so many to choose from! So, I was hoping to get some recommendations to help narrow my search!! I am still in the early stages, so I may not have a tons of answers, so...bear with me :) Here is what I know:

*suburbs of Chicago- prefer Western Suburbs

*outdoor ceremony site on site

*cocktail/horderves reception ONLY- no dinner- want to save money

*affordable...haven't finalized the budget, but the lower the cost the better :)

*small venue needed- possibly no more than 80 people.

While, I know this is vague, suggestions to start looling into would be tremendous!

Re: Venues- Help

• Nothing pops into my mind that fits your exact criteria but here are some places I used to find venues....unfortunately it just takes a lot of searching/time to find the one that will work best for you.

theknot.com h
    as a vendor search where you can put in outdoor ceremony site & select a price range...it's not a complete list, but it's a start.

weddingwire.com h
    as venues as well but it's hard to narrow your search...it does have a map feature though that's nice since you have an area in mind.

i forget which m
    agazine but one of the huge chicago bride magazines had a huge vendor list in a grid format that was sorted by area, told you about the space, and gave a price range.

Hope th
    at helps at least a little :)
    Vacation
  • If you are having such a smallish group, try a restaurant with a private room. 

Check OpenTable, do a target search for the Western Suburbs and there are plenty of options for really great restaurants with rooms that fit up to 150 (just doing a quick search). Tapas would be a great fit.

Narrow the spaces down from there with the rest of your criteria.

Just remember, sometimes cocktail hors d'oeuvre receptions can be just as spendy as a simple, but delicious dinner. If your cocktail reception is around dinner time, your guests will be hungry and will wind up trying to eat as much as they might expect for a meal.

Italian food may be typical, but it's a great way to feed a lot of people on a budget.

Another money saving option is a brunch reception.

Good luck!
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I would also look at restaurants. Wildfire, Ditkas, Harry Carey's, Clubhouse, Mia Francesa, etc

Have you looked at Katherine Legge Memorial in Hinsdale. I don't know the specific details but I know they do host weddings and you would be able to have the outdoor space. 

I agree with @kaydeee about the timing of your reception. If you aren't going to serve dinner then your reception should be from 2-5. or 8-11pm.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • You could look at the Danada House, Wheaton or the Wilder Mansion in Elmhurst
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards