Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Student/Budget Photographer

Hi everyone,
Looking for any referrals you may have for wedding photographers on a budget. We don't have a ton of money to spend on a photographer, but also want those memories captured in photos. Does anyone know any student photographers or photographers that are just starting out and looking to build their portfolio? I am looking for someone in the $500 range, if that is at all possible, but if you even know of any that might be willing to do it for under $1000 that would be awesome! Thank you in advance for your help!!

Jessi
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Student/Budget Photographer

• April192002April192002 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited June 2014

I just met with Spence Moon. He's $600 for 6 hours and $750 for 8 hours. $25/hr for a 2nd photographer. You get a disk of all of your pics in high resolution. I'm going to be meeting with another one who's only $300...and I'll let you know how that goes once we meet.

Wait...when is your wedding?!? :)

Edit: www.spencermoon.com

• April192002April192002 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited June 2014

I screwed up my edit and it won't let me type anymore so here's the real website: http://www.spencermoonphoto.com/

Edit: Here's the other photographer, Joseph Wood, that I'm meeting with, and he quoted me $300. http://www.blubirdphotography.webs.com
  • @April192002 Thank you so much, I will contact them too! The wedding is May 2, 2015....coming up!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh wow! Congrats and good luck with everything.
  • I would suggest reaching out to Shawn Roller in McKinney.  He did my niece's cotillion photography and was really great about working within budget and the photos were beautiful. I also saw on his facebook recently that he's running a 50% off special for senior portraits and weddings.  His website is shawnroller.com 

Good Luck with everything! 
  • @emilysue2008 Thank you for the recommendation. I ended up booking Joseph Wood for only $300...can't believe its possible to get wedding photography on that much of a budget, but I looked at his previous pictures and they are beautiful! And he was very professional during contacts and gave me a good contract, so there was no reason not to. For anyone looking for a photographer on a budget, I would recommend him so far! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @swimchick713, let me know how it goes with Joseph. I booked with him the evening after I we met! :)

• Do you have a contact number for Joseph Wood? I've been to his website & sent him an inquiry but he hasn't responded so I wanted to follow up with a phone call. Also, how did you find him?? Thank you!!
  • @purehonie Here is the info I have!

Joseph Wood
    214-585-9801
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Has anyone had their wedding who used Joseph Wood? I'm liking what I see on his website, but I'm curious how the entire wedding was!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards