Wedding Invitations & Paper

really need suggestions

We are getting married May 2 2015 but i don't want to do a huge wedding celebration followed by the reception. what i want is to go down to city hall and then celebrate with a small party the next day. My question is what can i put on my invitations?

Re: really need suggestions

• I'm going to assume you meant May 2, 2015 b/c if not, you missed the boat!   Your invitations should say to come to a celebration of the marriage of Marie & Husband who will be wed in a private ceremony on May 2nd. 

Please don't tell people how to post. People don't like that. When you ask questions on a public forum, you open yourself up to comments and questions that you may not want or like. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    First, telling people how to post isn't very nice.
    Second, you are not having a wedding reception.  A wedding reception takes place on your wedding day.  What you are planning is a party to celebrate your marriage.  No wedding traditions should be observed.

The pleasure of your company is requested
    to celebrate of the recent marriage of
    Bride's Full Name
    and
    Groom's Full Name
    Day, date
    time o'clock
    Venue
    Address
    City, State
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    marie7823 said:
    We are getting married May 2 2014 but i don't want to do a huge wedding celebration followed by the reception. what i want is to go down to city hall and then celebrate with a small party the next day. My question is what can i put on my invitations. and please don't ask about why this and why that. my question is all about my invitations end of story. thank you so much in advance.
    Hmm.....
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • We are getting married May 2 2015 but i don't want to do a huge wedding celebration followed by the reception. what i want is to go down to city hall and then celebrate with a small party the next day. My question is what can i put on my invitations. and please don't ask about why this and why that. my question is all about my invitations end of story. thank you so much in advance.
    WTH? I was all prepared to give you some great advice until I read that. Whatevs girlfriend. 
  • Some good advice on these threads (when people aren't debating about etiquette) 

Maggie0829 especially gave great wording: 
    I would send the invite for the party no more then 8 weeks prior.  That is pretty typical for any event.  As for the wording I would do something like the following...

Karenweil
    and 
    Karenweil's Husband
    are happy to announce
    their marriage
    on Saturday, the nineteenth of July
    Two thousand fourteen
    Gaithersburg, Maryland

Please join us 
    for a celebration
    on Monday, the sixth of October
    Two thousand fourteen
    at X o'clock

Venue name
    Venue address

Or if you decide to send wedding announcements following your wedding in July you could do this...

Karenweil
    and
    Karenweil's Husband

Invite you to celebrate their marriage
    Monday, the sixth of October
    Two thousand fourteen
    at X o'clock

Venue name
    Venue address
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards