Wisconsin

Southest WIsconsin Photographer

Soooo since I am new to this whole "planning a wedding" thing, and I was hoping I could get some help from experts.

I am trying to find a photographer that fits my style as well as my budget...the problem is that I don't really know what is reasonable for the Milwaukee/Madison area. I really really really love Reminisce photography (capturingyourday.com) but they are about $6,000 and up once you order the pictures and everything..that seems a little pricey to me, but I don't really know.

Does anyone have any suggestions that have a similiar style to Reminise? I am looking for kind of a unique photographer that can really capture our personalities.

Thanks!

Re: Southest WIsconsin Photographer

• edited December 2011
    I just booked Katie Toman Photography out of Waterford. The thing I liked was that her work was creative but very reasonable priced. Good luck to you, this and the cake were my hardest decisions!

www.katietomanphotography.com
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Cara Zimmerman, maybe she's what you're looking for?    We used her for our engagement and wedding pics, can't say enough positive things about her.  She was very easy to work with, photography wasn't something I had to worry about on our wedding day. 

http://www.carazimages.com

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • alyssalowealyssalowe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    milwaukeeonfilm.com (Blue Bamboo Photography) I found them on craigslist and a friend used them and her pictures turned out great.
  • JessieH11JessieH11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heather Kessler Photography.  Shes so awesome and amazingly wonderful and has the best pictures.  She is out of stevens point, but travels all over the state.  She was about 2500 and you get a million things with that including an awesome coffee table picture book.

www.heatherkesslerphoto.com
  • edited December 2011

He's not in SE WI, but he travels---Alex Nelson Photography in Neenah, WI.  I was super impressed with his professionality.  He works with his wife as a team, and since their emails are hooked up with their iPhones, they are very prompt in their emails.  Decent pricing.  Definetly something to check out.  Here is the website:

http://www.alexnelsonphotography.com

• jennab10jennab10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're planning on going with Life is Art next year (Kim Larson).  So far we've taken our engagement photos with her and she's great!  www.lifeisartphoto.com

She is in the middle of the state, but I know she travels.  She let us make a custom photography package which is why we chose her - so we could keep things in our budget!
  • edited December 2011
    We used Mark and Danny from R&R Photographic Imaging, www.rrphotographicimaging.com. Awesome to work with, priced right are $3000, you own the rights to everything.  They were awesome!
  • edited December 2011
    We used Ren Davis www.foto-29.com  She is awesome!  We absolutely love our pictures and she is really easy to work with.  Her prices start around $2500 and she will give you the rights to your pictures.  
  • edited December 2011
    K&M Photography in Burlington is very affordable and their work is awesome. www.kmphotography.biz
  • vlphotographyvlphotography member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are a ton of people photographing weddings these days, and you can get someone from 1500 that is decent and up. Reminese is really great, but if you don't have 6000 in your budget how will you manage? 

A photographer, unlike any other vendor is with you the whole day, it will help you organize the day, and should make you look your very best using lighting and posing techniques, no to mention have a great attitude, be flexible under pressure and get along with other vendors and your family members...  

So be careful when you choose, interview at least three photographers and then decide with your heart. 

Check out vivid life photography, VLphotography.com and see if that style is what you are looking for.
  • adelinalaoadelinalao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This photographer is great. I've known her sine high school and plan to use her for our wedding. Her stuff is so inspired.

http://redgeckostudio.com/

• anwilcoxanwilcox member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jon Martinez of Jon Optics. I was looking for something unique, I wanted the rights and a cd, and he is under 1,000 - plus he charges for the day not by the hour. He just did my cousins wedding and I was sold. He is for sure doing mine!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards