Not Engaged Yet

CAKE

It's time to AW the cakes.  Right nao.
We alternated layers: 2 chocolate with raspberry buttercream, 2 yellow with chocolate ganache.  The bakery made a fresh top layer for our first anniversary, which was really nice!
[Deleted User]SwazzleKeptInStitchesbuddysmom80[Deleted User]labrobeanbot2002bethsmileskaitlynmichelleCLoGreenEyes

Re: CAKE

• SwazzleSwazzle New Jersey
    10000 Comments Seventh Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
    I have no recollection of what flavors my cake was. My caterer sucked and the cake arrived pretty fucked up which I was informed of right after doing the first-look. I politely told them they could throw it in the trash if they wanted because I was too happy to care. My florist did her best to make it more presentable.  

[Deleted User]labrotravelcoffeemug0BreMR
  • KeptInStitchesKeptInStitches the Northern Plains
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    I don't know what the cake will look like yet. It has to travel an hour in my parents' car (because my baker is cool and is letting us pick it up a day early), so it has to be something that travels well. It has to serve 112. Maybe cupcakes? Flavors are also up in the air since I haven't gone to the tasting yet. Looking forward to getting a lot of inspiration from this thread!
  • Dignity100Dignity100 Northeastern Ohio
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer

This is what my cake will look like.

Anybody want to help me out with flavors (I took a few options out that we already had vetoed)?  The following are our choices:  I was thinking of doing 1 tier of Chocolate cake w/peanut butter cup filling and 1 tier of marble w/ caramel milk chocolate filling.  Is that too much chocolate though (or are both options too rich)??  A lot of people on the various Disney sites rave about an almond cake with the amaretto crunch filling.

Wedding Cake Flavors

• Yellow
    • Chocolate
    • Marble
    • Almond

Wedding Cake Fillings

• White Chocolate Mousse
    • Dark Chocolate Mousse
    • Milk Chocolate Mousse
    • Raspberry Mousse
    • Amaretto Mousse
    • Amaretto Mousse with Almond Crunch
    • Strawberry Mousse
    • Tropical Mousse (pineapple, passion fruit-mango, and lime mixed)
    • Caramel Milk Chocolate Mousse
    • Buttercream
    • Cream Cheese
    • Peanut Butter Cream Cheese
    • Peanut Butter Cup (dark chocolate and peanut butter cream cheese mousses layered together)
    • Bavarian Cream
    • Bailey’s Mousse
    • Mocha Mousse

Anniversary
    [Deleted User]CLoGreenEyes
  • lmcooper86lmcooper86 Toronto
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary First Answer

@severmilli12 - If you're keeping the rest of the decoration the same as the inspiration pic, then I would vote mint; give the cake a bit of pop.

I love looking at cake and thinking about cake but have no idea what kind of wedding cake we will have. The only thing I DO know is that I have to get a small fruitcake tier or my mother will disown me. Seriously, we've been having this fight since I was 16; she thinks that wedding cake should only be fruitcake and I think that I should actually want to eat my wedding cake. I've been telling her for like 10 years that she will get a small fruitcake tier and that's as far as I'm budging lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

ShallowSeas
  • doubleSS07doubleSS07
    500 Comments 100 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    CAKE!  Actually our cake was the one think I wanted to spend the least on.  We were having a bunch of mini desserts and with about 80 people and a semi destination, I didn't want it to go to waste.  We ended up getting it from Whole Foods for $50.  It had buttercream frosting and a mixed berry filling with white cake.  it was so yummy!  We plan on having a small one replicated for our anniversary. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    [Deleted User]
  • @doubleSS07 since we didn't go on our HM right away, they boxed up all the leftover cake for us.  All. the. cake.
    buddysmom80Ollie08
  • I really wish we could have enjoyed more of our cake :(  We had traveled from TX to CA then flew out to the Dominican Republic the next day and then home to TX from there.  H's family got all.the.cake. 

• my cake was alternating layers of chocolate/raspberry swirl with chocolate ganache filling and then chocolate cake with raspberry filling, and a chocolate buttercream icing.  we decorated it ourselves after they delivered it.  H's cake was a tres leches cake!
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]buddysmom80CLoGreenEyes
  • @swazzle my recollection of your cake is that it was delicious!  SwazzleCake <3
    SwazzleOllie08
  • We have our cake tasting in August so for flavors I have no idea. I know there won't be chocolate because FI hates chocolate. I think one layer might be a fruit filling with a ganache and maybe another layer of just a chocolate filling because I love chocolate, I don't know, if there's too many choices I start getting overhwhelmed.

Here are some inspiration pictures of what we want:

We're ordering this topper and having it match us and our fur babies:

LINK

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
    [Deleted User]beanbot2002CLoGreenEyes
  • eilis1228eilis1228 Southwest
    2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    Man, I'm so hungry after looking at these. I may or may not be drooling at my desk... 

Also, I had no clue you could do alternating layers! Mind is blown right now. 

• @cu97tiger

Omg the quilting on your cake is fabulous! I was just talking about  fondant quilting with my friend. He's really into baking and his mom just sent him an expensive piping set which he's very excited for. 
    cu97tiger
  • Dignity100Dignity100 Northeastern Ohio
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    If I stop home from work and buy cupcakes, I'm blaming ALL OF YOU GUYS (myself included)!!!!

Anniversary
    eilis1228[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • BreMRBreMR
    500 Love Its 500 Comments Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    @weewittlewizabeth I had no idea about the alternating layers either!! That's so cool!!  I also had no idea there were so many cake options for wedding cake! I thought you got chocolate, vanilla, or marble mostly :)

eilis1228
  • eilis1228eilis1228 Southwest
    2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    BreMR said:
    @weewittlewizabeth I had no idea about the alternating layers either!! That's so cool!!  I also had no idea there were so many cake options for wedding cake! I thought you got chocolate, vanilla, or marble mostly :)

Me too! I can see why cake tastings are so important!

• We just stopped into a bakery yesterday...me and FMIL...she wants to pay for the cake and edible favors.  We're going back for a tasting next Wednesday.  I wanted to eat cake!!!  We're definitely trying the almond cake with raspberry filling...that seems to be what FMIL wants, and frankly I hate deciding on that...because, well, I would be happy with just about any flavors.  They will give us a few other things to sample as well. 

Here's an inspiration cake, mine will be much smaller with only 45 guests!

lilacck28eilis1228
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards