DC

So I Found Reasonably Priced Floral in DC *gasp*

Cab23Cab23 member
First Anniversary First Comment
Hi Knotties! I wanted to give you local brides some info on florists/flowers that I found helpful. As most brides do, I’ve gone to 3 florists in the area prepping for my wedding and getting quotes on floral for our big day. I’ve been quoted $6, $4.5k and $3.5k respectively. Frustrated that I’d never get out of the thousands of dollars I took to wedding bee forums and talking to other brides about it. A dear friend told me she’d ordered her flowers wholesale from Costco.com and other brides told me about buying from the local grocery or Fifty Flowers. All of which had me working to preserve and arrange flowers 3 days before my wedding… I didn’t want that kind of added pressure. So, I took to Facebook to vent about my frustrations. A recent bride and friend of mine told me about an Amish family (Weaver’s Cut Flowers) who grows their own flowers to sell at the local (relatively so) farmers market and that they also made arrangements. She gave me BEAUTIFUL photo proof their work…

My friend told me there would be cost savings, but didn’t indicate how much. So I went to go see Mrs. Weaver (they are Amish so there is no telephone, internet or any other means of modern communication with which to talk to them). I caught her in her work barn making bouquets for sale. I laid out for her using the last florist’s proposal I’d gotten (w/ very minor tweaks) the style of my wedding and what I was looking for (which was different from my friend’s look). I presented her with:

1 Bridal Bouquet: ‘Black Magic’ roses, burgundy spray roses, eggplant callas, burgundy tulips and burgundy ranunculus.

2 Bridal Toss Bouquets: roses, and spray roses in burgundy tones with burgundy callas.

9 Bridesmaid Bouquets: roses, and spray roses in burgundy tones with burgundy tulips.

1 Groom Bout: Eggplant Calla (I’m making the Groomsmen’s Bouts because they are non-floral but I’m heavily re-considering…)

3 Wrist & 4 Pinned Corsages: ivory roses and spray roses

5 floral centerpieces: white and ivory flowers to be used include white hydrangea, ivory roses and spray roses, white stock and white dendrobium orchids, accented with small silver and gold Christmas ornaments (provided by me)*

I also took my inspiration photos. She gave me some recommendations (originally peonies were in my bridal bouquet) based on time of year, what she can grow herself and what she’ll have to order. She gave me her payment guideline: deposit due 2 weeks before the wedding w/ hardcopy inspiration photos, and pickup can be set for the day before (or earlier if need be).** Then I braced myself as she did some quick math with her calculator to give me the price…

Drumroll…. $500.00.

I was so happy I had to tell you all! I want to bring the same savings to you!! If any of you in the DC Metro area (Vienna, Frederick, etc.) are interested in having this wonderful Amish family do your floral… PM me. I’ll either get you the information so that if you are close enough you can visit the Weavers yourself OR I’ll set up a meeting on your behalf (we can Facetime while I’m there if you like – pending a strong enough cell signal), get an order to Miss Weaver and deliver and set up the flowers for you and just tack on a modest fee for helping out.***

*Anything (other than ribbon) that you want to incorporate in your bouquets that are non-floral items, I suggest you provide.

**The Con: The Weavers are Amish, so delivery & set-up would be impossible. Horse & buggy would never make it on I-495.

***I am not an agent of Weaver’s (cuz I’m not Amish, lol… though at this point I’d totally join if they asked me lol) I’m just a bride trying to help other brides!

Some additional info on Weaver’s if you like: http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/weavers-fresh-cut-flowers-loveville/9f1cb0d137364d8f.html

Re: So I Found Reasonably Priced Floral in DC *gasp*

• kla728kla728 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    @KnotPorscha Flowers are, in fact, on the insanely expensive side in DC... but this sounds a lot like a vendor to me.  

For the record... 

Cab23 said:
    Hi Knotties! I wanted to give you local brides some info on florists/flowers that I found helpful. As most brides do, I’ve gone to 3 florists in the area prepping for my wedding and getting quotes on floral for our big day. I’ve been quoted $6, $4.5k and $3.5k respectively. Frustrated that I’d never get out of the thousands of dollars I took to wedding bee forums and talking to other brides about it. A dear friend told me she’d ordered her flowers wholesale from Costco.com and other brides told me about buying from the local grocery or Fifty Flowers. All of which had me working to preserve and arrange flowers 3 days before my wedding… I didn’t want that kind of added pressure. So, I took to Facebook to vent about my frustrations. A recent bride and friend of mine told me about an Amish family (Weaver’s Cut Flowers) who grows their own flowers to sell at the local (relatively so) farmers market and that they also made arrangements. She gave me BEAUTIFUL photo proof their work…

My friend told me there would be cost savings, but didn’t indicate how much. So I went to go see Mrs. Weaver (they are Amish so there is no telephone, internet or any other means of modern communication with which to talk to them). I caught her in her work barn making bouquets for sale. I laid out for her using the last florist’s proposal I’d gotten (w/ very minor tweaks) the style of my wedding and what I was looking for (which was different from my friend’s look). I presented her with:

1 Bridal Bouquet: ‘Black Magic’ roses, burgundy spray roses, eggplant callas, burgundy tulips and burgundy ranunculus.

2 Bridal Toss Bouquets: roses, and spray roses in burgundy tones with burgundy callas.

9 Bridesmaid Bouquets: roses, and spray roses in burgundy tones with burgundy tulips.

1 Groom Bout: Eggplant Calla (I’m making the Groomsmen’s Bouts because they are non-floral but I’m heavily re-considering…)

3 Wrist & 4 Pinned Corsages: ivory roses and spray roses

5 floral centerpieces: white and ivory flowers to be used include white hydrangea, ivory roses and spray roses, white stock and white dendrobium orchids, accented with small silver and gold Christmas ornaments (provided by me)*

I also took my inspiration photos. She gave me some recommendations (originally peonies were in my bridal bouquet) based on time of year, what she can grow herself and what she’ll have to order. She gave me her payment guideline: deposit due 2 weeks before the wedding w/ hardcopy inspiration photos, and pickup can be set for the day before (or earlier if need be).** Then I braced myself as she did some quick math with her calculator to give me the price…

Drumroll…. $500.00.

I was so happy I had to tell you all! I want to bring the same savings to you!! If any of you in the DC Metro area (Vienna, Frederick, etc.) are interested in having this wonderful Amish family do your floral… PM me. I’ll either get you the information so that if you are close enough you can visit the Weavers yourself OR I’ll set up a meeting on your behalf (we can Facetime while I’m there if you like – pending a strong enough cell signal), get an order to Miss Weaver and deliver and set up the flowers for you and just tack on a modest fee for helping out.***

*Anything (other than ribbon) that you want to incorporate in your bouquets that are non-floral items, I suggest you provide.

**The Con: The Weavers are Amish, so delivery & set-up would be impossible. Horse & buggy would never make it on I-495.

***I am not an agent of Weaver’s (cuz I’m not Amish, lol… though at this point I’d totally join if they asked me lol) I’m just a bride trying to help other brides!

Some additional info on Weaver’s if you like: http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/weavers-fresh-cut-flowers-loveville/9f1cb0d137364d8f.html

• Yep agreed - sounds like a vendor posting that or maybe someone on behalf of their friend (since no internet, etc?)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards