Wedding Invitations & Paper

Wording for Invites

Brides I need some help.
Okay my fiancee and I have decided to only have about 100 at our wedding and around 300 at the reception. At the wedding we will have just Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles, and a FEW close friends. Then all of the cousins will be invited to the reception. How should I go about wording the invites so that the household understands that JUST the aunt and uncle are invited to the wedding, but their kids are invited to the reception? We just have so many cousins that this is what makes sense for us. PLEASE help. Any suggestions would be helpful. I have even thought about sending two separate invitations, but that is a lot of paper. 

Thanks

Re: Wording for Invites

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    mspears91 said:
    Brides I need some help.
    Okay my fiancee and I have decided to only have about 100 at our wedding and around 300 at the reception. At the wedding we will have just Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles and a FEW close friends. Then all of the cousins will be invited to the reception. How should I go about wording the invites so that the household understands that JUST the aunt and uncle are invited to the wedding, but their kids are invited to the reception? We just have so many cousins that this is what makes sense for us. PLEASE help. Any suggestions would be helpful. I have even thought about sending two separate invitations, but that is a lot of paper. 

Thanks
    I am very sorry, but there is no polite way to word your plan.  It is very rude.  The only way to do anything like this is for you to have a private ceremony with immediate family only. (Parents, siblings, and grandparents.) No aunts and uncles, and no friends. The alternative would be to get married at your reception site, and to invite everyone to both your ceremony and your reception. There just isn't any nice way to tell people that they are second class guests, and will only be invited to the reception.  Please reconsider your plans. 

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • mspears91 said:
    Brides I need some help.
    Okay my fiancee and I have decided to only have about 100 at our wedding and around 300 at the reception. At the wedding we will have just Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles, and a FEW close friends. Then all of the cousins will be invited to the reception. How should I go about wording the invites so that the household understands that JUST the aunt and uncle are invited to the wedding, but their kids are invited to the reception? We just have so many cousins that this is what makes sense for us. PLEASE help. Any suggestions would be helpful. I have even thought about sending two separate invitations, but that is a lot of paper. 

Thanks
    What you are planning is rude and is called a tiered wedding.  You should invite everyone to both the ceremony and reception.

If you really want to have a limited number of individuals at your ceremony then you should only invite immediate family and their SO's (that means parents, siblings and maybe grandparents), that's it.  And even this could hurt some of your family and friends because believe it or not some people really do like attending the ceremony since that is pretty much what the entire day is about.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards