Wisconsin

Hi girls! (Grace's Birth Story)

To those who still remember me :)  Hi ladies!  Grace made her arrival last week.  She's curled up on my chest as I type this right now. 

Here's the story on how we welcomed Baby Grace into the world.  

We went in Thursday and were induced because my blood pressure and swelling were pretty high.  The NSTs were coming back where Grace's heart rate would drop when she'd move or I had a contraction. We ended up having an emergency c-section. 

At 12:03 on 2/24, Grace was born squeaking and peeing. :)  She scored an 8 & 9 on her APGARs and was 5lbs, 9oz.  Even though she's so tiny and a few weeks early, she has no issues with her lungs or jaundice.  She eats like a champ and has been sleeping really well.  Honestly, once Grace was born and I heard her cry - pure joy.  I couldn't stop crying.  

And one Grace cried, it was all forgotten.  She's pretty amazing and we're so in love with her.  Greg watched them pull her out and once he saw her, he said "Babe, she's perfect, she's... just... perfect."  I could not stop crying, I was so happy. 

We're settling in pretty well - learning more and more about her every day.  The first few nights we barely slept for fear she wasn't breathing, and we just couldn't stop staring at her.  We were in the hospital from Thursday - Monday.  Now that we're home, we're all getting used to each other and she fits right into our lives.  We're getting 3-4 hours of her sleeping at night so we're not as sleep deprived as I thought we'd be.  

It's a huge adjustment, but it's so amazing.  We're so honored and lucky to be her mom and dad.   

Here are some pictures! 

~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
imageimageimage
image image image
Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>

Re: Hi girls! (Grace's Birth Story)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards