Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Did anyone cry when they tried on their dress?

I took a bunch of pictures of dresses that I wanted to try on when I went shopping. I started bawling when I tried on the first dress (my second choice). Then I tried on several other dresses - no reaction. I put that first dress back on, and the waterworks started again. I figured I had found my dress. And I love it. :)

Re: Did anyone cry when they tried on their dress?

• Options
    I didn't cry when I tried on my dress, but I am not much of a crier to begin with. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    This is unrelated to your post, but I love your display picture.  Are they related?  :)
  • Options
    I cry a lot lately, like, from books and movies and tv shows. Physical pain, meh. Nothing. I crushed an elbow and almost needed surgery when I was younger and was like "ouch. This does hurt quite a lot." Commercials with babies growing up? Yup, I get tingly watery eyes. I cried at the wedding I recently went to (as a plus one with my friend, I had never met the bride or groom before.)

Trying on dresses? Nada. 
  • Options
    I'm a crier but didn't really cry with my dress. I was overwhelmed with happiness and could see myself getting married in it though. I did get a little choked up.

Congratulations on your dress!

• Options
    I did not cry but I was incredibly happy. I also bought my dress in the $99 dollar sale online from David's bridal. I am so happy with it though, and want to try it on over and over again. I can not wait to get it altered, but my wedding is not until May.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't cry when I tried on my dress.  After I tried it on, I compared EVERYTHING to it and I just wanted to put it back on. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    No tears.

I like my dress, a lot. But I don't dream about it at night. I tend to be emotional about a lot of things- but stuff like this? Nope.
  • Options
    I guess I'm a big dork. Or I'm going through early menopause. I wonder if I'll cry when I go in for alterations ...
  • Options
    I cried every time they put a veil on me, because I imagined walking down the aisle toward my FI. Not because of the dress itself though.

• Options
    Nah. I ended up being very pragmatic about the dress. So many wedding dresses are so stunning, but after I'd tried on a bunch of them, I realized...I shouldn't be looking for a "dream dress." I should be looking for a dress that fits. Fits my body type, fits my personality, and fits the type of event I'm trying to throw. I ended up going with something that was fairly unlike the dream dress I've always pictured because it made more sense for the laid-back wedding I'm trying to have, isn't too attention-grabby (I don't like the spotlight), and worked well on my body shape. I did cry a little bit at home, mourning the dream dress that was not to be, but you have to remember the wedding dress isn't just for you. A bunch of other people are going to be looking at you in it on your wedding day, too. 
  • Options
    A little, definitely got the shakes however. But I'm a big baby and it finally really hit me I didn't have my mom there.
  • Options
    I didn't cry when I tried on my dress, but my sister did.

I did get all teary when I finally put it on the day of the wedding.
  • Options
    I found my dress today and I thought for sure I'd cry but nothing. I'm not really much of a crier in general but certain things get me emotional so I assumed this would be one of them. I was just too excited I had a huge smile on my face and even did a little dance lol. My mother on the other hand...beat red, and tons of tears. But only when I tried on the dress I chose, which was the first gown I tried on. Everything after that one we agreed was very pretty but just didn't compare.
  • Options
    Soraya99 said:
    I guess I'm a big dork. Or I'm going through early menopause. I wonder if I'll cry when I go in for alterations ...
    That's why I had some tears.  I had gotten my hair trial the day before, so it was still mostly up.   Between that, the veil and the fact that I was wearing the jewelry I'm going to wear at the actual wedding, it felt really REAL to me and I started imaging FI's reaction when he sees me.  

Of course, I'm also just a crier in general.
    Anniversary

• Options

CONGRATS!!!! On finding your dress, not everybody cries when they find their dress but its still a happy moment.

I cried when I found my dress, which surprised me because I never cry. But what did it, was the fact that it was the end of my appointment and it was the second place I had been to try on dresses that day.  I had this big grin on my face when I came out of the dressing room and then I saw the look on my Dad's face,  he was in the Marines for 22 years, and now he's a cop.  The man doesn't even smile most days, let alone cry, but there he was all teary eyed and then my mom was too. And Damn that just started all of the tears especially when I imagined FI seeing me

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I didn't cry, but I felt euphoric and had this super silky grin for about a week. I ended up with a dress that I just took for sizing, but realized was THE dress. I know I will cry a bunch of times in the months to come, just thinking about how all fairy tales are not disneyfied.
    Happiness is an inside job
  • Options
    I didn't cry but twirled around in the dress I chose. The other dresses were beautiful but my dress made me feel giddy :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I cried! I was with my MOH - It was third shop I had visited - I thought I had found the dress at the first shop, but wasnt sure, so decided to go to the third store - I didnt like anything as much as I liked the dress at the first store - I was going to cancel my last appointment, but the girl at the second store said I should go - that was the BEST decision I have ever had. I showed my stylist a picture of the first store dress, and she knew immediatly she could top it, and boy did she! It was the best feeling ever! 
  • Options
    I cry over the dumbest things I swear, i'm super sensitive. But I didn't even get watery eyed when I tried on my dress. I kept waiting, and waiting and nothing. I know it was the dress though cause i'm obsessed with looking at it, and literally can't stop thinking about it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • Options
    I thought the crying was a build up for the shows and faked. But when I put it on my dress I was overwhelmed with joy. The first thing I said was he would love me in this and then I started tearing up. I knew I was done trying dresses on. I teared up again when I showed my family that came with me!
  • Options
    Nope, not a single tear. I love my dress, but at the end of the day, it's just a dress I will wear one day. My mom, on the other hand, sobbed!
  • Options
    I tried on many a dress, but when I put on the "one" I lost it! I love that dress. Sigh :) 

I told FI I will be sleeping in it. I'm upset my ceremony is at 6. lol
  • Options
    I didn't cry, but I couldn't stop smiling! My sales consultant asked me if I wanted to try on another dress she had pulled and I said "This is the dress I'm getting married in, I don't want to put anything else on." My mom didn't cry either, maybe we're just not criers. My MOH teared up though.
  • Options
    I am one of the least emotional people you'd ever meet in person.  I cry only about weird, specific things and generally never have happy tears.  But somehow, I cried when I found my dress.  I really didn't expect it and I was sort of confused why it was happening at the time.  

I'm like Robyn Sherbatsky sometimes.  "Why is that human leaking?"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    I'm a HUGE crier, but wedding dresses just weren't my thing. I'm not very "bridal". I never had dreams of the "perfect wedding", so it was hard to imagine myself in a wedding dress.
  • Options
    I did cry when I picked my dress but it wasn't from the happiness of getting my dress. My father passed away 3 months ago so I asked about sewing a piece of one of his shirts into the dress. Both the consultant and I just started crying. I was fine during the whole appointment until that moment.
  • Options
    No tears but I still love my dress. Maybe after the alterations and I can try on everything together. Maybe not.
  • Options
    No, I didn't cry at all.
  • Options
    I did not cry when I first tried it on when I went looking with my best guy friend. I went back with my mom and stepdad to try it on again, and I did not cry.

HOWEVER - when I turned around and saw that my mom was getting choked up and all watery-eyed, I got that tight feeling in my chest when you're about to cry...

So, no waterworks, but definitely a feeling.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    cwradford said:

CONGRATS!!!! On finding your dress, not everybody cries when they find their dress but its still a happy moment.

I cried when I found my dress, which surprised me because I never cry. But what did it, was the fact that it was the end of my appointment and it was the second place I had been to try on dresses that day.  I had this big grin on my face when I came out of the dressing room and then I saw the look on my Dad's face,  he was in the Marines for 22 years, and now he's a cop.  The man doesn't even smile most days, let alone cry, but there he was all teary eyed and then my mom was too. And Damn that just started all of the tears especially when I imagined FI seeing me

Reading this made me teary.

I cried AFTER I took off the dress. I was at DB (had an awful experience, tbh) and the girl wanted me to ring the bell but I really didn't want to. So she rang it and then I started crying. I don't think it was the dress so much as it was how overwhelming the whole process was, at least for me (seriously awful awful awful experience at DB). 

Congrats on your dress though! :) 

ETA bolding in quote. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards